View Full Version : JVC Europe... Professional gear? (Europe, Belgium,...)

Mathieu Ghekiere
February 2nd, 2006, 06:31 AM
I doubted to put this in the OPEN DV board, but ultimately I putted it here, anyhow:

Just wondering, I'm not interested in buying the camera, but why, if you go to the USA site of JVC you can choose between professional and consumer products, where you then obviously can go to the HD-100, but in the European sites (my case, Belgium or The Netherlands) you only have the consumer products?

I notice often how much more difficult it is to find professional video gear in Europe, in comparison with America, with the big shops like the sponsors of this site. Has Chris already thought of maybe taking European shops as sponsor? Besides the UK?

Slightly more off-topic, does anybody now good shops in Belgium/The Netherlands without crazy Prices?
I discovered a webshop, called global media pro or something, but their prices were so low, that I found it to be suspicious. Maybe anybody who has experience with them?

Raymond Toussaint
February 2nd, 2006, 07:11 AM
For the Dutch and Belgium professional JVC products go to the site:

http://www.jvcpro.nl/

Werner Wesp
February 2nd, 2006, 09:38 AM
Hey Mathieu,

For nice deals in Belgium - especially second-hand equipment, call me...

Mathieu Ghekiere
February 2nd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks Raymond, very funny, Google didn't give me that site, but I didn't went trough lots of pages.
Do you by any chance have experience with this shop:
http://www.globalmediapro.com/
?

Or anybody else? Thanks,

Diogo Athouguia
February 2nd, 2006, 10:16 AM
I've read some posts about Globalmedia. They seem to be thrustworthy for purchasing, but some people had problems when needed thechnical assistence. I sent them a mail when I was looking for the HD100, I wanted to know where it would be shipped from. Their answer wasn't nice, they were rude and I didn't even considered them as an option. Anyway, they are not an official JVC dealler and are not located in Europe, I would have to pay extra taxes for purchasing outside the European Community.

Raymond Toussaint
February 2nd, 2006, 10:30 AM
Globalmediapro is also working from office in London, that is why you can buy without paying import tax within EU. They are no official Sony/Pana/JVC distributors. Buying a HD101E online without the possibility to view and test the SSE issue is no clever move. Globalmediapro is a decent company, but for service they send you to JVC back.

Mathieu Ghekiere
February 2nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
Hey Mathieu,

For nice deals in Belgium - especially second-hand equipment, call me...

Thanks Werner, thanks for reminding me to this. I really don't have any equipment I would want at the moment, although I thought of maybe shooting an endproject for school on HD, maybe with the JVC. But I don't have much (any) experience with HD(V) and/or the JVC HD-100.
So maybe I'll just shoot it on my XL1s.
But my question here was more out of curiousity.
Maybe that I want to look for a nice mike-setup or something. A nice condensor mic. But that's going off-topic now, but thanks!
If I need anything, I'll contact you! (In fact, I already thought of it a while ago, because you mentioned this to me earlier)

Raymond and Diogo: thank you both too. Diogo, I agree, if they are rude, that's just no way to deal with people professionally, especially if you buy such expensive gear.
It's a pitty you don't have such professional shops in Europe/Belgium/The Netherlands. Isn't there a market for this? I think one in the netherlands could work out, no?

Sam Robinson
May 4th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Globalmediapro is also working from office in London, that is why you can buy without paying import tax within EU. They are no official Sony/Pana/JVC distributors. Buying a HD101E online without the possibility to view and test the SSE issue is no clever move. Globalmediapro is a decent company, but for service they send you to JVC back.

These guys are terrible, if anything you buy from them is faulty or breaks within the warranty period forget about getting in touch with them.. you'll never hear a word. it really isn't worth using them.

Sam Robinson
May 4th, 2008, 04:24 AM

These guys are terrible, if anything you buy from them is faulty or breaks within the warranty period forget about getting in touch with them.. you'll never hear a word. it really isn't worth using them.