View Full Version : Clip Review - photoshoot

Dennis Cummins
February 4th, 2006, 06:14 AM
hey guys, would you mind reviewing the below clip that ive just put up on my site? i need feedback good or bad. cheers.

http://www.dcmedia.ie/clip2_clip2_s3.mov

Patrick Moreau
February 4th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Dennis,

I found the clip was a little too slow, mostly because of the temp of the music paired with the lack of events within the footage. Photosessions are often harder to get substance out of, so I think they require a quicker shots and more playing around in post-production. I think much of the footage was good, but some shots would start to zoom just before you cut to another shot, I would trim those back so you don't see the zoom. I also think some of the cuts and transitions didn't seem to match with the music, so I would suggest trying a couple cross dissolves in certain parts and possibly trying to make it mesh with the song a little more. I really liked your shot of the car arriving in black and white in which you faded it to color.

Hope that helps.

Mike F Smith
February 4th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Over all pretty good. The long shot of the car just sitting there needs to hit the cutting room floor. It did seem like a couple of shots were on a little too long. The ending needs to be stronger if you have the footage.

Mike