View Full Version : Please, I need urgent help: 24p to PAL DVD

Soroush Shahrokni
February 10th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Is there anyone who can help me out. I have shot a musicvideo with the JVC HD100 using 24p (23,98) but I want a PAL 4:3 DVD out of the project. I would really appreciate some help here!

I use Premiere Pro and After FX, if thats any help!

Dennis Hingsberg
February 10th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Depending on your NLE program this may work:

Drop your 24p footage onto a 25p PAL timeline, adjust the length of your audio so it is 4% shorter. (you might have to export your sound, perform the audio adjustment then import it back in).

Render your file output as PAL. Burn DVD as PAL. Voila.

Another option which does not involve audio stretching is where you repeat a frame of video every second so you have 25 frames per second. It is not very noticable to the user but I have no idea what program can be used to do this work for you.

Soroush Shahrokni
February 11th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Thx alot Dennis, I will try that out. Hopefully everything will still be in sync!

Dennis Hingsberg
February 11th, 2006, 08:48 AM
It will work, just use an audio program like Adobe Audition to adjust the length of your sound clip and change the pitch so it is not noticable at all. 4% is not a lot to change.

Soroush Shahrokni
February 11th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Dennis, I tried something that I though was impossible. I just made a DVD out of the 24p HDV timeline using Premiere Pro. I made a PAL DVD 4:3 out of the project and everything is in synch and in perfect SD quality! :)

Dennis Hingsberg
February 12th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Sometimes the DVD software can do the conversion for you too - that is great and simple too.