View Full Version : My Thanks

Robert Lane
February 14th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Initially I joined the DVinfo.net forum because I was looking for as much info as possible on camera/format options especially when I settled on the DVCPRO-HD and HVX as my format/body of choice.

Since then from my own experience and unceasing self-research/trial-by-fire testing of various hardware options I've been able to give back to the forum with my own acquired knowledge and experience and even some impromptu hardware images.

10 years ago, indi guys like me would be scrambling to squeeze as much info on anything new in the industry from magazines, retailers or the occasional road-show from a manufacturer's rep. And those info-gathering methods often left me with more questions than answers, which was always frustrating and often led to purchase choices that were less than optimal for my needs.

Today, forums like this make information sharing a painless, cost-effective and often fun task - but none of it would mean spit if it didn't have knowledgeable and helpful-minded individuals willing to share their pearls of experience and insight.

So, to all those who have directly and indirectly helped my info-gathering and shorten the learning curve I say a hearty, "Thank you".

And of course, where would this forum be without dudes like Chris "Kennelmaster" Hurd who started this thing to being with? "I love you, man!" I mean that figuratively, of course. (laughs)

Sergio Perez
February 15th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Thanks, Robert, for all the input you shared with us!

I agree with everything you said. I learned, and am still learning a lot from this and other forums.

Your thread deserves a big thumb up!