View Full Version : P2 file transfer and delete

Kathy Nielsen
February 17th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Are there any recommended best practices for deleting the files on the P2 after I've transferred them (via PCMCIA slot in PC) or (via firewire connection to Mac) ?

Do I need to use the P2 viewer or can I simply do this with finder or windows explorer?

Can I delete the entire Contents folder or do I have to do it folder by folder?

Kathy

Kenn Christenson
February 17th, 2006, 09:52 AM
I've just been reformatting the cards in the camera. Haven't run into any problems, yet.

Vincent Rozenberg
February 17th, 2006, 10:26 AM
One thing you have to keep in mind if you do delete it via your computer; Empty the trash can! If not, the files are still on the card...

Shane Ross
February 17th, 2006, 06:05 PM
What Kenn said...reformat in the camera, or with a P2 Store, iffin you have one.

Kathy Nielsen
February 23rd, 2006, 05:55 AM
I ended up using the Windows move command (right dragging the file into the destination folder and choosing "move here") which deletes the folder structure.

I rotated through 4 4-gig cards moving files off as I was shooting continuously for an hour and half interview. It worked, but I find it distracting to be fiddling with cards and files so frequently.

Kenn Christenson
February 23rd, 2006, 10:02 AM
You might want to consider capturing to a laptop in long interview situations. I'm not sure which Windows applications support DVCProHD, but Final Cut on the Mac works like a charm.