View Full Version : Urgent: Low Picture Quality on DVD

Douglas Joseph
March 1st, 2006, 02:35 PM
Hello, comrades.

A couple weeks ago, I shot a ballet recital with the Canon XL-2, in 60i. Everything went very smooth for the most part, foucsing, framing, all that good stuff. I used Adobe Premiere Pro to edit the footage. I didn't really make too many adjustments to the picture... On my computer the footage looked fantastic; absolutely great. Once I put it on a dvd, though... it looked half as good. The program which I used to burn the DVD was Roxio. Because I'm using Roxio to make dvds, is that what could be causing the picture quality problem? The dvds I used were Fujifilm, dvd-r, 4.7 GB/120 Minutes. Could that be an issue? Are there any adjustments you recommend I could make in post, other than sharpening the picture?

Any help will be greatly, greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
D.C. Joseph

Robert M Wright
March 1st, 2006, 03:51 PM
Say Douglas, you created exactly the same thread with this same question over in Wedding / Event Videography Techniques. Kinda clutters the place up, you know?

For anyone that might want to respond to Douglas, the responses, to Douglas' question, started coming in on the thread in Wedding / Event Videography Techniques first, so that would probably be the place to post until somebody can kill one of the duplicate threads.