View Full Version : New Century Optics/Vocas HVX Matte-Box Mount

Robert Lane
March 3rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
I just got my HVX mount from Century Optics today; previously all I had was the mount designed for the Z1 (which is shown in the photos posted in the image gallery).

The *new* mount specific for the HVX really is new, in 2 ways:

- It is designed to fit the: Z1/FX1, DVX100A/B, PD-150/170, and of course our beloved HVX200.

- The best part though, is that the new mount plate comes WITH a built-in swing-down shoulder support!! Wow, how cool is that?!

When I get time later this weekend I'll take some photos of the new mount and post it in the image gallery.

Jeff Kilgroe
March 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Cool, let us know what you think of it. Where'd you buy? Direct from Century?

Robert Lane
March 4th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Yes, the mount/box system came direct from C.O. I've been working with them directly on making sure the new HVX mount would fit properly. Previously, they had assumed that the mount designed for the Z1 would work, but the vertical adjustment was 4mm too short and the locating pin was too large.

The new mount works just like the old one does, with the exception of the added shoulder rest. I have not used it (and don't think I ever would based on my shooting methods and style) but it's nice to know it's there - just in case.

Mark Sullivan
March 7th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Robert, do you have a link to it?...I'd like to see what it looks like and cant find it

ty
Mark

Derek Hoffmann
March 7th, 2006, 05:01 PM
What filters will this matte box take? I am looking for a system that will work with all my 4x5.6 filters. Any links for the matte box would be great.

Thanks

April 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Hey Robert,

I know you're busy, but just wanted to see if you've used the Century Matte-Box long enough to form an overall opinion yet? Century makes a quality product, so I'm sure it's working well for you, but just wanted to ask. Nice photos in the Image Gallary. Thanks.

Leigh Wanstead
April 9th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Hi Robert,

Can you tell me the measurement? And how much?

TIA

Regards
Leigh

Robert Lane
April 9th, 2006, 01:52 PM
The new box system is works just as well as the older version. As noted before it comes with a swing-down shoulder brace which I had to remove because it got in the way of the mounting system for my jib.

Leigh,

Goto www.centuryoptics.com for tech specs and pricing.

Leigh Wanstead
April 9th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Can you give a url? I have trouble to find that item you mentioned.

TIA

Regards
Leigh

Leigh,

Goto www.centuryoptics.com for tech specs and pricing.