View Full Version : Getting 24p out of the FX1

Bruce Meyers
March 5th, 2006, 08:02 AM
How do you get the FX1's 29.97 footage converted to 24p besides using magic bullet which doesen't really work well and slowing down the footage by 25%. I know you can always export a 29.97 sequence to 24 fps but it's stuttery and ugly looking... I know that there are some out there who are effectively/professionaly converting FX1 footage to 24 fps/24 p without getting it to look stuttery/juddery and like bad video... So what are the methods? How is it done? How can you get 24p/24 fps cleanly/perfectly looking like real cinema out of the FX1?

Boyd Ostroff
March 5th, 2006, 09:02 AM
DVfilm Maker is one possible solution: http://www.dvfilm.com/fx1/index.htm

Robert M Wright
March 5th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Boyd - Is the trial version of DVfilm Maker fully functional, or is it crippled in some way?

Kurth Bousman
March 5th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I believe it's watermarked .The same with nattress. I haven't fully understood the vegas thing mainly because I'm using fcp but also it appears that vegas has a good 24p conversion built into the program.There's a mountain of threads on these subjects and also dvfilm and nattress can be trialed for free so you can see for yourself if you like the results. I , myself , have used nattress' filters for a while and can attest they work great . Also I don't understand why MB , if you're using the full plugin inside AE, slows down the footage ? I hear the render times are gigantic but it should make usable 24p footage. Kurth

Boyd Ostroff
March 5th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I have the full version, although haven't tried it yet with HDV. But the last time I tried the trial, it was fully functional but superimposed a DVFilm logo on the footage.

Download the demo and give it a try. It's a tiny little standalone program with both Mac and PC versions.