View Full Version : Composited HVX footage using AE!

David Eggerichs
March 25th, 2006, 01:12 AM
2 different shots were composited into one. The first shot was 60p, the second was filmed @ 12 frames a second, then sped up more in post. After painstaking rotoscopic droning, and some color correction it turned out pretty well... next up... keying with keylight (HVX footage and foundry's keylight meet)

http://www.motivitypictures.com/hvx200/hvx_composite.html

Sergio Perez
March 25th, 2006, 02:49 AM
WoW!!! It looks Incredible!!! How did you do it??? You filmed the same shot twice with a tripod, than masked the zone of the action and sticked to the sped up footage? It looks simply incredible!!! The possibilities here are INSPIRING!!!

....And hilarious, too!! Loved the over the top sound effects!!

Barlow Elton
March 25th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Very nice! Thanks for sharing that. Nice to see you guys really exploiting the creative possibilities of the HVX.

I'm sure I'll be seeing you at Sundance soon.

Eric Brown
March 25th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Hey...is that downtown Grand Rapids? Like the footage. When I see things like this it makes me want the HVX even more, although the JVC has its hooks in me to some extent.

Darrell Essex
March 25th, 2006, 11:16 AM
i've done some compositing with some hvx footage, but have not been able to get posted on the web yet. it worked really well.
Darrell
FIRST CINEMA PICTURES

Jethro Senger
March 25th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Very nice work man, that is a great example of the increased level of technological advances offered to the independant filmmaker now. The HVX is going to go down as the foothold for HD, just as the VX1000 was for DV.

Matt Irwin
March 25th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Very cool!! Nice work!

How much was the 12fps sped up? 2x?
How long did the roto take?

Eric Brown
March 25th, 2006, 03:33 PM
just as the VX1000 was for DV.

"Was" for DV? Still is my, friend, still is. (Not to slight my XL2 which I love very much).

Harikrishnan Ponnurangam
March 26th, 2006, 01:34 AM
The funniest thing is you walking around and watching your friend beating you up in the same footage. I noticed good compositing. My compositing will be coming in soon.

This is called thinking and seeing out of the box.

Cassidy Bisher
March 26th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Very cool!! Nice work!

How much was the 12fps sped up? 2x?
How long did the roto take?

I would say probably 4 or 5 times...

Cassidy Bisher
March 27th, 2006, 08:50 AM
The funniest thing is you walking around and watching your friend beating you up in the same footage.

Yea it reminds me of "back to the future" in a "flex capacitor" sort of way...