View Full Version : New XL2 Music Video

Giuseppe Palumbo
April 1st, 2006, 01:16 PM
I Just finished making a New rock Video with the Xl2. It was a two day shoot. One Day at the Bar Location and another for all the story part of the video.

Xl2
Halogen Work Lamps for lighting.
PVC Dolly. (57$)

http://blip.tv/file/get/Peppe-TalkinToMe127.mov

Giuseppe Palumbo
April 2nd, 2006, 10:50 AM
C'mon, Anyone? tell me what ya think...

Travis Maynard
April 3rd, 2006, 05:48 AM
I enjoyed it.

Only one thing that stood out to me, when you have the "one year later" shot, the text sticks out really bad. Maybe change the text?

Otherwise good work.

Makes me wish I had something to film. I think when I bought my XL2 it killed the part of my brain that comes up with ideas.

Mark Bournes
April 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
I liked it except for the closing shot. I felt it needed a stronger ending.

Eniola Akintoye
April 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM
Giuseppe,
I am always impressed by your work.
I think the music video is very good except for the indoor shots where the girl fell and all of that.
I really think a DVX would have made it more filmic or those scenes needed some more CC to make it not look home video.

The Bar scene was way much better. Do you have stills of your set?

Giuseppe Palumbo
April 3rd, 2006, 11:52 PM
thanks for all the responses and all. About the closing shot, its basically what the client wanted, So id say im mainly responsible for filming and editing. None of the story or pre-production is really my responsibility. I just bought a Nikon D50 last week so ill have set stills always for the most part now, cant wait...

-About the CC/Home Video look, i think im gonna bring the vegas file back up and take some stuff in AE. Not sure, We'll see...

Edward Tomecko
February 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
I bet that's what YOUR client wanted! advice: destroy the footage you took from the studio and remove the posts of YOUR version of this video from the internet. you have no right doing this. you were payed "work for hire" to shoot this job, that's all. you were asked this over a year ago. please respect the parties involved. c'mon peppe, do the right thing! thank you.

Andy Lunn
February 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM
good video.

the first shots out of focus, is that intentional?
how did you achieve the almost sofy hightlight strips over the bar shots? something in post?
what kit was used in the bar? lighting? camera? what format was it shot on?

Bob Sandifer
February 24th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I bet that's what YOUR client wanted! advice: destroy the footage you took from the studio and remove the posts of YOUR version of this video from the internet. you have no right doing this. you were payed "work for hire" to shoot this job, that's all. you were asked this over a year ago. please respect the parties involved. c'mon peppe, do the right thing! thank you.

Did I miss something here? He sounds a little PO'ed LOL

Edward Tomecko
February 24th, 2007, 12:34 PM
let's just say someone needs to make things right. i am am not one to slander ( have been, though!), there is a blatent misuse of private property going on here and a certain party should cease and desist. it is a matter of business and should not be used as a personal gains tool, period. the owner of the works is quite upset that the certain party is utilizing un-released material and representing it as his own, when the final product of the music video and the song is not what this certain party is displaying! the music track isn't even mixed! this is my only warning. the client is moving forward legally......

Giuseppe Palumbo
February 24th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Alright, I edited this video when i was bored one day. I love making videos and have a passion for it. Im sorry for wanting to show the Video community something im very proud of and merely wanted opinions on????

Giuseppe Palumbo
February 24th, 2007, 01:38 PM
someone should just delete this thread.

Edward Tomecko
February 24th, 2007, 01:40 PM
you should KNOW NOW that's not the point! please don't water this down either. my company is ultimately responsible for this fiasco, the client has been quite calm for the most part and this should not be taken lightly. prior to you slanderring me on the internet you could have simply asked the client through me to allow you display what you were payed to shoot for HIS video. (when it was completed!) But we know it didn't work out that way. we all know you are a talented kid... but take some time to think about the other parties involved before you act. BTW i saw your a-bomb video. nice work

Daniel Gast
February 24th, 2007, 04:02 PM
...so you're upset that he posted his own edit of a video he shot? Was there a contract drawn up that says he can't display this footage. Or did he sell you the rights to this footage?

I'm not sure on what grounds he can't post something he himself shot, unless, as I said before, it's been sold to the client.

Just trying to figure this out, it was a good video, I had comments, but if they don't matter, I won't bother.

Edward Tomecko
February 24th, 2007, 08:19 PM
just to clarify, then i'm done talking about this. he was hired to shoot the video with his camera, on MY tapes and for MY client. the song was not finished, not copywritten and certainly not released to the public at the time he came into the editing studio copied the files onto a hard drive took them home and made his own version of the video. without consent from the client. he doesn't even have the right title of the song. i have to deal with an irate client because his song is being misrepresented on the world wide web. can someone go to their job, shoot something for the company, then take home the raw footage to the publicly display the work? unfinished and protected music and all? it's tempting to want to edit video you shot. doesn't the client have rights? peace!

Liam Hall
February 25th, 2007, 05:43 AM
The moral of this story is;

Hire a kid to do a man's job...

BTW Giuseppe, the video is still up and running. My advice would be delete it immediately.

Daniel Gast
February 25th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Indeed, the song itself would be a copywrite infringement, and if they are asking you not to display it, it should be taken down. Good job on the shooting, though...

Wes Coughlin
February 25th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I don't understand why such a sensitive issue has to be displayed on this forum. To act in a professional manner this problem should of been handled either in person or over the phone, not publicly at DVINFO. Edward Tomecko should of realized that threatening an 19 year old with legal actions on a public internet message board is the wrong way to handle this situation. As it does not help himslef, the client, or Giuseppe in solving the problem professionally.

Edward Tomecko
February 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM
this problem is over a year old... i am not threatening this person. i am simply reacting to something that is still being shown long after he agreed to remove it. furthermore if he would answer emails and phone messages regarding these matters then that would have been the way things would have been handled. it's up to him now- i'm done with this!

Eric Stemen
March 7th, 2007, 12:28 AM
This band or whatever should be stoked that this kid put his stuff up....if he didn't we wouldn't hear about them.....I don't care for them, but anyway i got to hear them along with seeing the work. I bet the footage that was shot was made to be shown also. I really doubt you all are losing money from people who watch this and may like the band enough to buy a cd or go to a show.....because people don't usually pay to see a music video.

Daniel Gast
March 7th, 2007, 12:38 AM
I get the feeling the point is that it's unreleased material (over a year old? Holy cow, how long they gonna take??) and they don't want it out, or people taking the song and distributing it, etc.

*shrug* It was a good vid...

Edward Tomecko
March 7th, 2007, 06:23 PM
1. this isnt the clients video!

2. work for hire stole the footage!

3. it's a solo artist working on completing an album! had some personal issues as well as this One.

4. amount of VIDEO WORK generated from the new director/producer/shooter preventing audio clients from being able to book time to finish album projects such as this one, but client ok with that, he likes to take his time.

5. people are copying the video and extracting the audio! ( but i guess that should be allowed, right?) after all, what's his is everyones!!!!

Eric Stemen
March 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Ok, so what it comes down to is this is guess.

You joined this message bored just to complain(hey, every message board needs an anoying person) Which in turn gets more people to see the band because this thread stays at the top(thanks to people like me that say you make no since).....so ughhhhhhh good job, your getting your band noticed, but i doubt anyone here is ripping the audio off( I still stand by my original statement that the band doesn't sound that great to me, but i do give them props for being able to do what they do.).

Daniel Gast
March 7th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Edward, one thing that bugs me is that your grammer is horrid. It doesn't look professional to use such grammer, and definately doesn't make other people take you very seriously.

Now, I have no doubts that what you're saying is true...there are just better ways of doing it than typing like a 15 year old. :) *love*

Jad Meouchy
March 8th, 2007, 01:25 AM
this is a joke, right?

if the song's not copyrighted, it can't be stolen because it's not owned :)

Edward Tomecko
March 8th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks, daniel.
I didn't join up to complain! I think this just got out of hand. I do believe the point was made. I have learned alot from this forum.
Take care guys!

Liam Hall
March 8th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Edward, one thing that bugs me is that your grammer is horrid. It doesn't look professional to use such grammer, and definately doesn't make other people take you very seriously.

Now, I have no doubts that what you're saying is true...there are just better ways of doing it than typing like a 15 year old. :) *love*
Daniel,
Whilst you're on the subject, I think your spelling could do with a little work.

You guys should really take this one down to your local bar and sort it out over a drink or two; I can hear the sound of lawyers sharpening their pencils.

As a piece of work the video is average at best and it's certainly not worth losing your house over it

Liam.

Daniel Gast
March 8th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Did I misspell grammar? Dangit...

[EDIT: And definitely...]

;) *love*

Adam Bray
March 16th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Ego Ed,

You hired the kid. Call him and make your complaints with him. Not here. Go call your attorney and complain to him. This is not the place.

Mike Andrade
March 16th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I agree. No one here is going to steal this artist's material nor do most of us care. I'm pretty sure the concensus is that we are all here to discuss the creative/technical aspects of DV. This is no place for this kind of drama. Send him a c & d letter IF its copyrighted material and keep this crap off of this forum.

Edward Tomecko
March 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I agree guys. I didn't intend for it to get this far outta hand. However, i did finally get his attention on it after not being able to get through to him for over a year. This forum was my last straw anyway in this matter. And you're right this forum is about creativity. Good luck everyone! ~ET

p.s. Daniel~ i saw your video with the young lovers in it. Pretty Sweet!