View Full Version : Hd100 Weight

Bruce Meyers
April 5th, 2006, 10:54 PM
I'm looking to get a t-pod a cheap one mind you for my HD100, under 200 bucks, any suggestions? Anyways I'm curious to know what the weight of the camera is with the standard lens say a RODE NTG1 mic an anton bauer mount and one of thos ebig batteries from IDX? What's the weight of all that? Ballpark figure? Precise figure? I don't have access to any scales and I don't want to buy a tripod that can't handle that load. I can only spend about 200 bucks, any suggestions, tips?

Nate Weaver
April 5th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Camera with many goodies is going to be about 10-12 pounds.

It's going to be very difficult to find a head that can give you passable moves at that weight for that kind of money.

Bruce Meyers
April 6th, 2006, 02:42 AM
I'm not interested in paningmaking moves, I just need a tall stationary t-pod for 200 or less, anytips? PLEASEEE!?

Jemore Santos
April 6th, 2006, 03:54 AM
buy 2nd hand, but I doubt you can buy a Tripod for under 200 to take on all that weight.

Diogo Athouguia
April 6th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Try the Manfrotto's 501 head, but forget paning and tilting.

Heath Vinyard
April 6th, 2006, 06:52 AM
My suggestion is save at least a couple hundred more, if you can. It's always nice to save here and there, but remember. The tripod is securing a really expensive camera. Make sure you get one that can support the weight.