View Full Version : Dust in lens

Ron Lucas
January 30th, 2003, 02:44 PM
I just bought a new GL2 (yippie!) and noticed there is a large piece of dust inside the lens. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to get this out? Otherwise, I'll return it for a new one.

Also, I was informed the GL2 will accept the same batteries as the XL1s where I use Lenmar batteries. So, can I safely use these Lenmar batteries in the GL2?

Thanks much!
Ron

Peter Moore
January 30th, 2003, 08:20 PM
About the dust -
Are you sure it's INSIDE the lens? If so then that's definitely a return - don't even mess around there.

Ron Lucas
January 30th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah, it's inside. There doesn't seem to be any way to get to it. It's below the surface of the lens sitting on another piece of glass down there. Oh well, I contacted the reseller and their getting me another one. Just got it today, but love it!

Thanks,
Ron

Frank Granovski
January 31st, 2003, 12:02 AM
Dust/dirt is a bummer with any lens. It's always one of my concerns with buying used camera lenses. Another thing to look for is nicks, scratches and flaws in the surface of the exposed glass.

Brad Higerd
January 31st, 2003, 09:47 AM
Sounds very familiar! I just received shipment of a replacement GL2, and I am sending my original back for the same reason (if you're wondering, I had to do a double charge). There is a little white spec inside the lense.

Regardless, I am more impressed every day with this little camera.

Erwin Kolman
January 31st, 2003, 02:14 PM
Hello, I have the same problem
My camera had a problem with the lens and they repairt it, then they sent it back to me and now i have dust insight
I`ll think i call them monday and sent it back.

erwin kolman