View Full Version : Pinhole??

David Parks
April 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM
I think I have a possible dead pixel near the middle if my screen area on my HD 100. We saw it on an HD monitor (19 inch Westinghouse 1440x900) and it appears like a pinhole. Very very small. So small we don't see it in most of the material shot or masters downconverted for dupe masters. We shot against a different solid backgrounds and panned the camera and the pin hole didn't move. I really like this camera and I've completed five paying gigs with it. But didn't notice it until this past weekend,

I plan on sending the camera back for the firmware upgrade and my big question is do you think this can be fixed by firmware or do i need to take the camera back to my JVC dealer that I bought it from. it is still under warranty.

Anyway any ideas,

Tim Dashwood
April 11th, 2006, 09:21 AM
This can be fixed in about 30 seconds with a scanning/cloning function from within an advanced menu. If you are taking it back for the "A" update, this will be done for you. Make sure you mention it to JVC when you drop it off though.

Chris Hurd
April 11th, 2006, 09:22 AM
The upgrade happens at JVC's Cypress facility. I'm sure they can map out a dead pixel as well. Be sure to include a note about it when you send in the camera.

(edit:) D'oh! As usual, Tim beats me to the punch!

David Parks
April 11th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks Tim and Chris. This is a great forum Chris.

Andy Robertson
April 12th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Our HD100 had 4 dead pixels across the various color pick-ups...Called JVC tech support & the VERY HELPFUL tech support guy walked me through the fix in no time. He told me the dealer was supposed to do it before delivering it to us...oops.

Daniel Weber
April 12th, 2006, 08:19 AM
I think I have a possible dead pixel near the middle if my screen area on my HD 100. We saw it on an HD monitor (19 inch Westinghouse 1440x900) and it appears like a pinhole.

David,

Off topic, how do you like the Westinghouse monitor?

Dan Weber

David Parks
April 12th, 2006, 08:39 AM
That's good to know Andy. I may just call JVC tech support.

Dan. For the price you can't beat the Westinghouse ($425) although it doesn't have HDMI inputs. I use the DVI for my computer and monitor component out of my the HD 100. Flexible. I'll probably upgrade to a higher rez monitor with HDMI later.

But it works well for me,

I