View Full Version : looking for panasonic HVX 200 (PAL) in Singapore

Robert Koster
April 16th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Well im ready to crack open the piggy bank for a new Panasonic HVX 200(PAL). Im looking for the best store to get it. Since I live in Bali, Im assuming Singapore would have the best deals. Can anyone recommend a good video camera shop in Singapore that may have this camera. Thanks. robert.

Pierre Petit
April 16th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Not sure what the forum policy about posting store adresses in this case..... i figure that none of the sponsors have shops in singapore anyway.
I was shopping last year for a panny in singa. The best place i found was in a small store near sim lim square. (i cannot find the adress...its the street were they sell motorbike parts,you can see a big panasonic sign).They were selling the dvx100 for about 4000singa$ (2500$us)Was dirt cheap at the time. Only thing is i think its some kind of black market,not sure about the warrenty. If you want a more official dealer Cathay photo in peninsular plaza is good. You also have many shop in the sim lim towers. Bargain is the word.
You might wanna make a few phone calls before going to singa to make sure the camera is already in the stores theyre.
But if you want my opinion. Going to jakarta first might be your best bet. Its not true any more that you get such a better deal going to singapore.

Are you indonesian?what do you use the camera for?
Good luck