View Full Version : Help!!! I can't Disconnect My HVX 200 from my G5

Scott Marvel
April 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I just installed FCP 5.1 and followed the Apple white paper and used the PC Dub method to connect my HVX 200 via firewire to my G5.
When the file transfer was done I ejected the drive on my desktop, but card number 2 is still flashing yellow. The Apple white paper said that I should see 2 mounts on my desktop but I only saw 1 drive. Drive number 1. What do I need to do to get drive number 2 to either be read on my g5 or released.
From everything I have read if I turn off the camera I might damage the card. Of course I am not using the power adapter so I have 3 hours to solve this issue.
The manual says that the light blinks orange while the camera is conneted via fire wire. How can I disconnect the camera safely from the computer?
Thanks for any help. The last thing I need is a ruined 8 gig card
Scott Marvel626 826 8818

Scott Balkum
April 16th, 2006, 11:11 PM
From everything I have read if I turn off the camera I might damage the card.

Oops, I have never been able to get the HVX to stop blinking and disconnect. I have been powering off everytime... I am interested in this answer as well.

Harikrishnan Ponnurangam
April 17th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Sometimes it happens. Just do power off.

Peter Jefferson
April 17th, 2006, 10:58 AM
maybe waiting was a wise decision.. hers hoping Pana bring out some firmware updates soon... put that SD card port to good use.. ;)

Scott Marvel
April 17th, 2006, 11:27 PM
The second card wouldn't mount. I went to disk utility monted the card and then ejected it.