View Full Version : Proxy clips

Scott Auerbach
April 23rd, 2006, 12:04 AM
I did a quick scan of the owner's manual, and didn't see this (though I may have missed it): Does the HVX make little BITC MPEG4 proxy clips like the larger P2 camera does? And, if so, does anyone have info on how large they are (both in pixel dimensions, and in MB per minute of rolling video)? I'm thinking that could be handy for quick emailing to clients not on the shoot, for approval. (I'd check myself, but the camera isn't due to arrive until next week, and I'm trying to get as up-to-speed as possible in advance).
Thanks!

Barry Green
April 23rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
No the HVX doesn't make proxies. The file system supports them because the bigger cameras support them, and I guess you could probably develop some sort of aftermarket software that would create and attach a proxy to your existing footage, but there is no in-cam proxy generation on the 200.

Scott Auerbach
April 23rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Dang.
It wouldn't be that hard to batch-process footage to MPEG4, but the burned-in timecode was an awfully nice feature on the P2 proxies. Given that it already existed on the larger cameras, I'm a bit surprised they didn't carry it over to the 200. Perhaps they thought people would rather squeeze the extra minute out of each chip...

Barry Green
April 24th, 2006, 01:45 AM
No, it's because the proxies are made by a separate card, and the HVX doesn't support that card, as near as I can tell.