View Full Version : just bought dvx100. Fair deal?

Barry Hunt
April 23rd, 2006, 04:11 PM
Hi there,
just got a panasonic dv100 - not the a or b model. It has 113 hours on the clock - I got 2 long batteries and paid $2100 . Is this a fair price would you think?
thanks
Barry

Barry Hunt
April 24th, 2006, 01:55 PM
anyone any thoughts -

Matt Stahley
April 24th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Id say that seems pretty fair.113 hours isnt a lot and as long as everything is functioning the cam should serve you fine. enjoy it!

Mike Teutsch
April 24th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Hi there,
just got a panasonic dv100 - not the a or b model. It has 113 hours on the clock - I got 2 long batteries and paid $2100 . Is this a fair price would you think?
thanks
Barry

Barry,

Let me give you a piece of advise that applies to this purchase, and every other one you will ever make. Once you make your purchase don't look back and question your decision. Use it for what you indended it for and never compare costs. It is like buying a computer, as soon as you do, it gets replace by an up-graded model at a lower price. It happens everytime, and always will.

Get the camera out and go shoot something.

Mike

Barry Hunt
April 26th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Yes , I suppose you are right I have to start shooting with it now- when the guy was selling it he showed me some of the footage he shot it with. He was in Australia and the footage looked awful like a monkey holding a one chipper then he showed me footage he shot in Venice and it look amazing - real filmic- he told me that he had not altered the setting and said it was the harsh oz sun but i don't know -- lets hope it will serve me well