View Full Version : Good off-brand battery?

Peter Richardson
April 24th, 2006, 04:10 PM
My apologies in advance. Guessing this topic has been posted ad nauseum on these boards, but curious to know what, if any, off-brand batteries you are running in your HVX. About to buy a couple more and was looking for a better deal than the Panasonic brand batts. Thanks!

Peter

David Linetsky
April 24th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Hi Peter,

We have our own brand that we have developed specifically for the HVX and the CinePorter.

http://www.spec-comm.com/SCPAN-6000.php

David

Peter Richardson
April 24th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks David! What is unique about this battery that makes it specially suited to the Cineporter and HVX? I will also be using it to power my Litepanel DV kit.

http://www.litepanels.com/

Any thoughts on this matchup? Thanks!

Peter

David Linetsky
April 24th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Peter,

There are hundreds of types of Li-Ion cells available, and we have chosen two that work well for the current loads of these devices. Even though we have them assembled in China to lower the cost, the cells are ether made in US or Japan and are very well matched for great balance of life and great price.

Our Battery was chosen exclusively by Dolgin Engineering, who make the best chargers around and really know their stuff. www.dolgin.net

We haven't tried them with the light panels, but they should work well, if they take the standard Panasonic Batteries. Pick one up and try it for a week. If you don't like it, send it back, no questions asked.

David

Peter Richardson
April 24th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the info David. Looks like I'll be ordering two Spec-comm batts. Best,

Peter

Robert Lane
April 27th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I can affirm the usability of the Spec-Comm batts; I purchased one a few months ago and it has a bit longer run-time than the standard Panny-supplied battery.

Sure would like to see a double-capacity battery for the HVX similar to the larger batts available for the Z1, but so far I see nothing coming down the pipeline.