View Full Version : Straight up trade of JVC HD100U for HVX200

Adam Craig
April 27th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I already have the infrastructure (batteries, bags, filters, etc...) That will fit the HVX200 (from my DVX100a) but thanks to an impulse buy I now have a JVC being shipped to me (should get here monday) Anyone have a new HVX they would like to trade? Preferably in LA.

NOTE: I'm gonna post this on the JVC board too.

Jeff Kilgroe
April 27th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I already have the infrastructure (batteries, bags, filters, etc...) That will fit the HVX200 (from my DVX100a) but thanks to an impulse buy I now have a JVC being shipped to me (should get here monday) Anyone have a new HVX they would like to trade? Preferably in LA.

NOTE: I'm gonna post this on the JVC board too.

Seems like a bit of a lopsided trade, don't ya think?

BTW: You mention filters from your DVX... They won't fit the HVX. The DVX has a 72mm lens mount and the HVX is 82mm.

Why not just return the HD100 and get an HVX?

Adam Craig
April 27th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Seems like a bit of a lopsided trade, don't ya think?

BTW: You mention filters from your DVX... They won't fit the HVX. The DVX has a 72mm lens mount and the HVX is 82mm.

Why not just return the HD100 and get an HVX?

They retail in the same price bracket. I will if no one wants to trade. But I don't want to have to deal with RMAs, Shipping back, and waiting for a check etc... I'm willing to put in some cash to make the deal arrtactive.

*I didn't realize they had diffrent threading. Bah...

Robert Lane
April 27th, 2006, 06:47 PM
That's an interesting proposition, Adam. Unfortunately I think those of us who have an HVX got one specifically because we wanted a true tapeless workflow and the DVCPRO-HD codec, not HDV.

So while it's not an impossibility I wouldn't hold your breath on the trade, I'd expect to be returning the JVC. If you haven't used the unit and have all the original stuff and boxes the return shouldn't be an issue - unless you're dealing with a retailer that forces a restocking fee.

Frederick Dooman
April 29th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Adam,
How much do you want for it?
I live in Reseda not too far from LA.
Fred