View Full Version : PC Hardware/ HVX200 Question

Phil Holland
April 28th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I'll be picking up a HVX200 in two weeks and am currently putting together a new editing system. My current system is just short of editing HD in real time sadly (downloaded the raylight demo and tested that out with some footage). I am a licensed Premiere user and this is my suite of choice and I'd like to keep it that way.

I really need to edit HD in real time. Currently I'm specing out a system with an AMD Athalon 64 FX-60, 4 gigs of ram, and 2TB of internal disk space. I'm leaning towards an ATI Radeon X1900 card, but may go the Nvidia route.

The question.

What are all you PC guys using to cut up your footage hardware wise? Do you think I'm going the right route with this current spec?

Thanks so much,

Phil

David Linetsky
April 28th, 2006, 12:12 PM
If you would like to stay with Premiere, MATROX AXIO LE is the best choice. They will also have FULL support for MXF with the next driver release.

Also, don't forget the P2 to PCI adapter. http://www.spec-comm.com/scpci-p2.php

David

Andrew Clark
April 28th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Hey Phil -

Seems like you've got a great mid-range system for HD editing. The top or higher level system would be a dual opteron, but then again, that's more $$$$ too!!

You may want to check out the Cineform site. They state the only way to currently edit DVCPRO-HD stuff on Premiere (with their software), is by using a Xena card with their Prospect HD software.

Just curious, where did you obtain your camera and did you get a good price? I'm thinking of picking one up myself, but am waiting (eagerly) for the Cineporter HDD to come to market.

AC

Barry Green
April 28th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Download the Canopus Edius Broadcast demo and give that a try. You may find it delivers adequate performance on your current system. Edius Broadcast is surprisingly fast.