View Full Version : Wakeboarding footage shot with DVX

Mike VanPatten
May 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM
www.wakefilms.com/refraction.wmv

Please let me know your thoughts, what you like and didn't like, thanks in advance for the input. 100%DVX footage
It can also be downloaded on the home page of www.wakefilms.com

Ben Freedman
May 5th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Fantastic...

I'd love to know how you did the bullet time shot at the end...

I'd consider processing the voice-over a little with some compression and a slight distortion, but that's the only think I could think of..

Best,

Benjamin

----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.neo-fight.tv <----- Have you seen it yet?

Alex Thames
May 5th, 2006, 11:46 AM
That was an awesome video. Wondering especially about that last effect too. Very dramatic.

Wes Coughlin
May 5th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Killer effect at the end--got to give everyone some inside on how you accomplish that.

Overall I thought the video was good

Daniel Bates
May 5th, 2006, 10:20 PM
The video could have been a bit shorter (there was some repetition with the wakeboarding tricks), but that last effect more than made up for it.

I would suggest using only one background music track and cutting the video down to fit it. . . the video would have much more "punch" that way.

Did you use CG for the bullet-time effect? If so, it looks quite good (though the spray from the board disappears quite suddenly when the rotation begins).

Jack McTigue
May 9th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah, you gotta love the DVX. I would actually love to see a better compressed video though. I think some of those slow motion shots would look real cool on a better codec. Plus that 360 spin was great, did you shoot some things in a studio maybe?

Great job though.