View Full Version : Videoguys NAB2006 report

Gary Bettan
May 4th, 2006, 12:25 PM
This year’s NAB show was very different from the last couple of years. Unlike the previous 2 shows, this year we saw a bunch of exciting new products that will be shipping within the next few months! That’s right folks, we’ve finally turned a big corner. We didn’t spend time looking at products we may sell in the future, we spent our time seeing products that our customers will be able to buy and use almost immediately.

Before we go into the products we saw on the NAB floor, I’d like to talk about the product we delivered to the NAB show floor. We had Pioneer fly in five sample BDR-101A Blu-ray disc burners to our hotel in Vegas. We had received several frantic calls from some of our vendors the week prior to NAB asking if we could supply them units in time for the show. I was very happy when Pioneer was able to make it happen (as were our vendors). We are still waiting for our first production units to arrive for us ship to customers. We hope to have them here in the middle of May.

I’m going to give you our NAB report as a series of articles just as I did last year. I’m going to start with news from two of our biggest vendors Matrox & Avid. Both companies had special dealer meetings (over the weekend - before the show began) loaded with exciting product announcements and news.

Click here for Videoguys NAB report Part I - Matrox & Avid http://www.videoguys.com/NAB2006.html

Parts 2 and 3 will be coming over the next week.

Gary