View Full Version : P2 Card Update

David Trenkle
May 9th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I wanted to share the link I received today from Panasonic for the P2 cards firmware update. I use rental cards and dicovered that 2 of the 4 cards were not up to date with the latest version. So, in the future I will be sure that all cards have been updated with the hope of preventing any issues. There are complete instructions for checking the firmware version, download and installation onto the cards. Panasonic said this update would help with "P2 cards use with FCP". Not sure what that means.

ALERT! The firmware can only be downloaded and installed using PC. More questions in my mind. However, I installed the firmware today during lunch and all worked as it should the rest of the day. We record on P2 then download the cards using a Mac laptop to a Maxtor drive.

The download chart lists that the update is for the 4gig card, however when presented with the 8gig card the software suggested to update the card. So I did!

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/p2indexe.html

David Saraceno
May 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Just wonderful.

The page and links do not work on Safari, and the firmware updates require a PC.

Gotta love Panasonic on these issues.

Now if Mac users could get a P2 reader as part of the bundle like their PC brethren.

Robert Lane
May 9th, 2006, 11:27 AM
See, just one more reason the new Intel-Macs are the perfect solution for both Mac and Win worlds.

David - I've found that if you "refresh" the Panny pages after they load a blank page they come up. Weird Safari behavior...