View Full Version : Student Film on DVX-100a

Jack McTigue
May 9th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Hi you all, here is a little project I shot a few months ago. I used the DVX-100a with no lights at all and it turned out alright I think. I might re-shoot this but with lights this time and in a bigger space. Whats your opinion? Oh and by the way, this compression is really awful, the dvd I exported looks a lot better then this. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GgGiEBZA6s

Paul Reichelt
May 9th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Thought the camera work was fairly well dont. Some of the shots were really well framed.

Outside of that, I didn't get the feeling that their was much tension at all between the Librarian and the guy, maybe that was your point, that she was over reacting. I didn't feel like their was a logical beginning or end, so I could never really pulled anything from the film, didn't touch me or entertain me.

A reshoot with lights would help, but that wasn't as much an issue with it.

Best of Luck.

Jack McTigue
May 10th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I agree. I really should seriously try and storyboard it next time. I think that would have helped me visualize while shooting. I am deffinately going to reshoot some of it this summer and hopefully dedicate some more time to it.

Joshua Provost
May 10th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Jack,

I checked it out. I also liked the camera work in general. However, it seemed like the same shots over and over again. It's a challenge to draw out consistently unique angles of a seemingly boring place like a library, but it can be done. Overall, it could have been just a minute long and probaly have been more effective. Four minutes was a long time for not much of a payoff. Shorter, tighter, is almost always better, even when you are trying to draw out suspense.

Josh