View Full Version : Please help re: my new Optura 50!!

Dorothy Engleman
May 10th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I received my Optura 50 today and was suprised by its packaging. All my Canon digital cameras and camcorder have come in glossy boxes with pictures of the product on the cover.

Also, only a CD and User manual and Software manual (not blister packed) were included. Other reference material that's usually been in my Canon camera/camcorder boxes, like the Quick Start Guide and System Map, were not included.

Could someone please tell me if this is how your Optura 50 or 60 was boxed?

http://newhistoryweb.com/ebay2005/images/optura50_001.jpg

Thanks for your assistance!

Dorothy

Michael Wisniewski
May 11th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Dorothy, you should contact B&H and ask them these questions. It's difficult for anyone here to give you a definitive answer about any store's policies.

FWIW: Most of the electronic products I've purchased from B&H have come in glossy consumer-end boxes. But, the Optura 50 is nearing the end of it's life cycle, so perhaps the remaining units have different packaging.

Once again it's difficult to say what's really going on. B&H Photo will have the most definitive answers.

* you did use B&H Photo right (http://www.dvinfo.net//conf/showthread.php?t=66865)?

Philip Williams
May 11th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I'd say that's the correct packaging for the Optura. My Optura 30 shipped in a similar box. If you look up Opturas on Ebay and find resellers that picture the box, its the same thing.

Dorothy Engleman
May 11th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Dorothy, you should contact B&H and ask them these questions. It's difficult for anyone here to give you a definitive answer about any store's policies.

FWIW: Most of the electronic products I've purchased from B&H have come in glossy consumer-end boxes. But, the Optura 50 is nearing the end of it's life cycle, so perhaps the remaining units have different packaging.

Once again it's difficult to say what's really going on. B&H Photo will have the most definitive answers.

* you did use B&H Photo right (http://www.dvinfo.net//conf/showthread.php?t=66865)?

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for your prompt and helpful reply!! And yes, I did purchase at B&H. :-))

When I called Customer Service yesterday, the Rep was sympathetic to my concerns. He assured me that this was a brand new camcorder but his suggestion that the kit I received might be a "pared down" version which was sold to quantity buyers like corporations just didn't ring true.

This morning, I spoke with a very helpful chap at Canon Support. He was unable to find any information about the packaging but consulted with Tech Support and confirmed that I did indeed receive a full complement of manuals and that the other reference materials like the Quick Start Guide and System Map were on the CD.

I'm very happy and relieved that not only did I get a great deal at B&H but "the real deal" as well!!

Dorothy

Dorothy Engleman
May 11th, 2006, 11:54 AM
I'd say that's the correct packaging for the Optura. My Optura 30 shipped in a similar box. If you look up Opturas on Ebay and find resellers that picture the box, its the same thing.

Hi Philip,

Many thanks for your very helpful feedback!!!

Now I can turn my concerns to the happy chore of
purchasing accessories for my new Optura 50!!

Dorothy