View Full Version : Fcp & P2 720 24pn

Douglas Villalba
May 12th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I did a search and I can't find anything on this.
Is there any problems editing in FCP 5 if I shoot 720 24PN at different frame rates.
I did a test last week at 720 60P at 60 frames ps and the slow motion looks great even tho I had a slow shutter speed, but I only get 4 mins per card. If I shoot 24PN I get 10 mins per 4GB P2 at 24 frames and I can still change frame rate, but I haven't tryed editing in FCP.

Does it work?

Douglas Villalba
May 12th, 2006, 05:33 PM
to answer my own question, YES it does work without render. I just got to figure out the workflow to transfer to a dvd

Jed Burdick
May 12th, 2006, 09:02 PM
as you probably know, you can't get HD to play on your dvd (HD-dvd is barely here so i am assuming you are not meaning that either) if you want to make a playable dvd from your HD, you have to "scale down" your footage. The appropriate dimensions for this are described on page 53 of the fcp built in manual. Then you would use compressor and dvd studio pro as normal to make your DVD.

Douglas Villalba
May 12th, 2006, 09:25 PM
as you probably know, you can't get HD to play on your dvd (HD-dvd is barely here so i am assuming you are not meaning that either) if you want to make a playable dvd from your HD, you have to "scale down" your footage. The appropriate dimensions for this are described on page 53 of the fcp built in manual. Then you would use compressor and dvd studio pro as normal to make your DVD.
I knew that. What I meant was what would be the fastest way to do it.
I have made few from HDV and it takes for ever to convert on my aging G4 dual 1Gig. How long does an hour take on your quad?