View Full Version : HVX Arrived...

Richard Lescallette
May 15th, 2006, 11:43 AM
For those of you who have gone through the initial setup of your HVX, are there any pitfalls or things you wish you did differently in getting the camera going?

I am on a Mac and bought 3 8GB P2 Cards. Everything is sitting here waiting for the initial power up but before I did I just wanted to check with users experiences in the 1st few minutes of life for the beastee.

Jason Boyce
May 15th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Sorry to say, I did not have a religious experience; I pulled it out of the box, grabbed one of my already-charged batteries, tossed it in and fired it up. It looked great right off the bat even with everything on auto, but when I set everything to manual, colour balanced and went for a real shot, it went gorgeous.

It wasn't like opening my powerbook, where as soon as you open the box and power it up, you get this "Everything is AWESOME now that you're on a Mac" thing. Instead, it's more gradual and gets better as you get more into it.

Paul West Jauregui
May 15th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Right out of the box, I too ran some run-and-gun DVtape tests of a in-door stage concert with great lighting. Very impressed... Some of the color saturations were off, but I'd say they looked better in camera opposed to on stage! You'll see...