View Full Version : P2 drivers will not load?

Scott Auerbach
May 16th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Okay...expert help needed (listen up, Barry Steev and Robert!)
I've tried multiple times to get the P2 drivers for the 200 to install on our Adrenaline, running on hp and XP. Whenever I get to the prompt to choose which device to add drivers for, I select the HVX200, and click install. The camera is connected via USB at the time, it's set to USB device, and it's powered up and in VCR/MCR mode. When I click Install, the window just pops right back up. There's no way to get the drivers to install...I just have to cancel out of it.

I looked on the completely inadequate support website (and re-read the install manual), and the only thing I thought might be a problem was the required Microsoft ActiveX control. I downloaded it, but still no luck installing.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Barry Green
May 16th, 2006, 12:06 PM
The problem is VCR/MCR mode. The USB port doesn't exist in that mode.

You have to hold down the mode button and go into PC/DUB mode. That's the mode the USB port exists in.

Scott Auerbach
May 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM
thanks! I'd held it down, but it wouldn't go into PC mode. I just hadn't been holding it long enough. Got it now.

Christopher Walker
August 4th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Same happened with me....even after panasonic tech support the y did not tell me about holding down the button....and this info is not listed in the manual....man they gotta get this stuff right...it is hard enough to get through all this stuff, especially without proper info...I almost sent this camera back.....