View Full Version : DVD Case Insert (PS Template)?

Austin Walton
May 19th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Does anyone have a DVD Insert template (front/spine/back) for Photoshop that they would be willing to share?

Thanks,

Austin

William Potter
May 19th, 2006, 11:10 AM
I have recently started using prolabel (http://www.prolabel.com) for my labeling needs since they are the only ones I have found that offer any labels for minidv.

They have a lot of templates on their site. It would just depend on wether or not they are compatible with your labels.

Don Bloom
May 19th, 2006, 11:20 AM
If you have Photoshop it is very easy to make a template. Cases come in different sizes so my template may not work with your cases.
If you open PS and set up a NEW project (I use a white background) then set up the GUIDES per the dimensions of your cases. I set my template up with an 8X10 size since thats the size of the paper I use and I set my guidelines accordingly - that gives me the useable area for the front and back covers as well as the spline. I keep everything to the TOP of the page (thats a guideline) and then a guide at the proper measurements for the front to the spline and from the spline to the other edge for the back cover.

Guides are under VIEW>New Guides then you can set them to be horizontial or vertical and you can set a measurement to place it OR you can just grab it and move it.

Don