View Full Version : What Is A Place Where I Can Get A Gl2 Cheap??

Robert Joyce
February 10th, 2003, 02:01 PM
new or used like $2000 at the MOST

Jed Williamson
February 10th, 2003, 03:40 PM
So far the lowest (on-line) price i've found for a Canon Authorized dealer is $2246 w/shipping.

Any lower is likely to be a grey market (black market maybe).

Someone listed one for sale in the private classifieds in this forum for $1850.

So $2,000 or under is gotta be for a used, but still "like new"

One of the board sponsers zotz, has an auction every week or 2 on ebay. But I've never seen a bid reach the reserved mark and thus no winning bids.

Brian Huey
February 10th, 2003, 06:50 PM
It is highly recommend you go with one of the forum sponsers, Zotz, ZGC, and protape. Their prices are a little bit higher than some others but the general feeling is that they are more then worth it.

For sellers around $2000 check out pricegrabber.com

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=602981/search=gl2/ut=0ce47f1146d0af45

However, check with resellersratings.com to be sure it is a decent company. Bestpriceaudiovideo I know is highly recommended. For the least amount of hassle and troubles go with one of the forum sponsers though.

George Brackett III
February 12th, 2003, 11:31 AM
I got my new GL2 last week. I paid $2100 (including shipping). I love it......

Chris Hurd
February 12th, 2003, 02:20 PM
You won't find a GL2 new for under $2000 from an authorized dealer (besides, that would be below dealer cost). Our sponsor Pro-Tape offers the GL2 for $2250 which is as good as it gets from an authorized Canon dealer.

See http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2813 for more advice on where to buy.

If your budget is only $2000, then you may want to reconsider your camcorder choice. You'll also need a solid tripod, tape, and many other components of the production chain of equipment. You should allocate only about 70% of your production gear budget, or perhaps even less, to the camera itself.

It may be possible to find a used GL2 at that price (post a WTB or want-to-buy ad in our Community Matketplace forum), but the GL2 is so good that seldom arte they ever available used.

The GL2 is well worth its suggested list price, and $2250 represents an outstanding deal. That is your best way to go, with Pro-Tape, our site sponsor.

Note that I'll most likely delete any reference to a dealer that I'm not personally familiar with. The question of "where to buy" is a very sensitive issue which I always take most seriously. Our sponsorship program which makes these message boards possible is funded by some of the best authorized dealers in the business. I would be doing a serious dis-service to potential buyers by not sterring them to our sponsors, who are simply the best, most honest and reputable re-sellers in the business, with highly competitive pricing.

As always, when it comes to the "where to buy" question," as the owner of the message board, I reserve the right to have the last word on the topic, therefore this thread is now closed. Many thanks,