View Full Version : My First A1U Footage: The Two Towers - a Demolition

Tim Cool
May 25th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Here in Bellingham, WA there was a demolition today. Explosives and falling towers!
http://www.timcool.com/images/TheTwoTowers.wmv
let me know how you like it: if I could improve on something!
Tim

James Gerber
May 26th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Very cool!

Was that the shock from the explosion that caused the camera/tripod to shake?

jg

Chris Barcellos
May 26th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Your coverage was better than what was on Fox this morning.

Jacob Ehrichs
May 26th, 2006, 12:42 PM
That was cool.

I especially like how the exposion happens first, then the birds on the left gray structure hear the sound first and take flight, and then we finally hear the explosion.

And I don't think the camera shake was from the shockwave, as it didn't do it again for the second one, but I guess it is possible.

Tim Cool
May 26th, 2006, 03:37 PM
That was cool.

I especially like how the exposion happens first, then the birds on the left gray structure hear the sound first and take flight, and then we finally hear the explosion.

And I don't think the camera shake was from the shockwave, as it didn't do it again for the second one, but I guess it is possible.

Correct, we were waiting for an hour for the event, the when it happened I bumped the camera checking if it was on!!!

John Kang
May 29th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Not to rain in on anyone's parade. I think Tim did a great job with his recording, but I felt that since it's footage of an implosion, I might as well show my sample.

It's a standard DV footage, taken with a JVC Mini-DV camcorder. This camcorder doesn't even offer a firewire/ilink connection!

http://jonjon01.googlepages.com/kingdomeblownup

The encoding wasn't the best, I used Windows encoder 9 for the implosion and somehow it took off the sound. But thinking about it, I figure the lower rate setting is best. The whole file is a 4 meg file.

Alexander Karol
May 29th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Hard to assess the compression at such small frame size. Really cool video however, it is amazing how perfect they do these things.

It is weird that Media Player Classic wasn't able to play it. Only Windows Media Player was able to play it.