View Full Version : Background Music Recommendation

Steve Thompson
February 12th, 2003, 01:42 PM
For those of you who struggle to stay legal with music for your videos, I highly recommend Digital Juice "Backtraxx" collection.

I have a Music degree and have used this collection for several major projects including videos for our local high school's Football, Swimming, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Girls Volleyball and Band videos. These videos not only include action footage, they also contain interviews and voiceovers.

This collection really fit the bill as it uses real instrumentations, not synthesized replications. The audiences really liked the end result and I can sleep at night knowing that I won't be sued for copyright infringement.

With 28 CDs in the collection, I still have plenty of music left over to do another 2 years worth of videos without repeats.

Rob Lohman
February 14th, 2003, 03:19 AM
Do they have a website?

John Locke
February 14th, 2003, 05:06 AM
The web site address is http://www.digitaljuice.com/backtraxx/backtraxx.asp.

What percentage of the 28 discs are non-cheesy, Steve? I listened to about 15 of their samples on the site, and there were only two that didn't have that "Murder-She-Wrote-TJ-Hookerish-synthesizer-and/or-cheesy" sound.

Do they have some discs absolutely without synthesizer?

Zac Stein
February 14th, 2003, 06:38 AM
John,

CHeese = good! Why else would so many tv shows use it.

Best example is The Rockford Files, man that was a trip!

Zac

John Locke
February 14th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Zac,

Can't argue with you on that one...the Rockford Files theme song is one of my favorite TV themes. But...nary a synthesizer in it. Not even one note. I deem it cheese-free.

Zac Stein
February 14th, 2003, 07:44 AM
John,

Cheese is a state of mind, not a physical act my man.

I deem it the holiest of cheese.

Zac

David Calvin
July 7th, 2006, 12:00 PM
is the license blanket? For any purpose.. film.. whatever? I checked out the site and wasn't able to find any information legalese.

David