View Full Version : Multi camera question

Chris Barrow
June 29th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Hello everyone,

I just finished my first 2 camera dance recital dance recital. It actually went VERY well. I was able to capture directly into PP on 2 computers which halved my capturing time. Syncing the two cameras later was no problem.

My question is: How are most people handling multiple camera shots on things like this? I can understand not using a mixer on short segment such as interviews, etc. but on longer performances like recitals? Mixing live would save so much time over editing multi camera.

Thanks,
Chris

Mike F Smith
June 29th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I make multi clips in final cut and do my switching there. Man hours wise it actually can take the same time as live switching!!! and you can do a much more thoughtful job with transitions etc if you take a little more time.

Mike

David Stoneburner
June 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I've been doing my daughter's dance school for 6 years. I would love to switch live, but haven't the equipment nor the space in the venue. It takes a little longer to edit, but you can definitely make the shots and transitions a little better. Seems to work for me, but I also do live events at my day job and that also is a good way to go as long as you have people on camera that you can trust to get the shots that you need.