View Full Version : Anyone know what's happening with this DVD?

Kevin Powis
July 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Hi

Any help appreciated.

I've made countless DVDs without problem, however the latest one has made up for that. This is the first time I've needed to use Chapters.

I have many individual videos on a DVD. I have menus that allow any video to be played from start to end and I have also inserted CHAPTER points half way through the files and a menu button that runs the videos from the chapter point.

Don't worry about WHY I've done this - it's not relevant.

So now if select any button that plays the whole movie it all works on the set top box.

But, if I select any button that plays from any chapter point it crashes. The set top box is about 3 years old. "Proline DVD 150HT"

I just wondered if:

1) chapter points were a known problem?
2) are there any know fixes etc?

I'm not worried about my player, but this DVD is going to be replicated big time and I don't want to be sitting at home waiting for the next call to tell me it's won't play!

I've burned the same project to +R and to -R DVD from two different burners and they both crash in the same way - everything a chapter point is selected.

Many thanks

Kevin

Christopher Lefchik
July 11th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Chapter points are part of the DVD spec - they shouldn't be a problem. What software are you using to author the DVD, and are you able to test the DVD on any other DVD players?