View Full Version : Unexplained Murder Sample: HVX & M2

Dustin Carpio
July 29th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Here's some samples from a shoot I did last weekend...I'm looking for questions, comments and constructive criticism...

An Unexplained Murder
Murder 1 - 7.6mb Stream (http://www.dustincarpio.com/blog/wp-content/Murder.mov) Widescreen (Quicktime 7 H.264)
Murder 2 - 5.6mb Stream (http://www.dustincarpio.com/blog/wp-content/Murder2.mov) Widescreen (Quicktime 7 H.264)
Murder 3 - 20.9mb Stream (http://www.dustincarpio.com/blog/wp-content/Murder3.mov) Widescreen (Quicktime 7 H.264)

Camera: Panasonic HVX200 & M2 35mm adapter
Format: 720p24pn

DP: Dustin Carpio
Director: Jamie Mengual
Gaffer: Jeff Bierman

Daniel Weber
July 29th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Nice.

Did you use a Steadicam? Also did you have someone pulling focus for you as well?

What were your settings on the camera as far as image processing?

Dan Weber

Dustin Carpio
July 29th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Nice.

Did you use a Steadicam? Also did you have someone pulling focus for you as well?

What were your settings on the camera as far as image processing?

Dan Weber

No Steadicam...all hand held with a nice set of Cavision handles. I did not a have focus puller...essentially I had to pull focus and operate by myself bc of the quick moves involved. I'll try to post my camera settings once I get back from shooting tomorrow night...

Sukhpal Singh
July 29th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Hello Dustin,

Nice shots. Well, I just took the murder.mov and did some music scoring on it. If it's ok with you, I can put the link to it over here.

Bye.

Daniel Weber
July 29th, 2006, 10:26 PM
No Steadicam...all hand held with a nice set of Cavision handles. I did not a have focus puller...essentially I had to pull focus and operate by myself bc of the quick moves involved. I'll try to post my camera settings once I get back from shooting tomorrow night...

What Cavision handles did you use?

What lens did you use with the M2?

Will you be doing an color grading of the final product?

Sorry for all the questions.

Dan Weber

Ray Aquino
July 31st, 2006, 04:25 AM
Hi,

By the way, I've been thinking about the Cavision for M2. But I hear that it isn't as sturdy and the RedRock rod system. Did you have any problem aligning the M2 adapter?

Which matte box worked for you? Hope to learn from you.

Thanks,
Raymond

Dustin Carpio
July 31st, 2006, 09:55 AM
Hello Dustin,

Nice shots. Well, I just took the murder.mov and did some music scoring on it. If it's ok with you, I can put the link to it over here.

Bye.

I would be really excited to hear what you came up with...I've not yet decided if I'm going to want music...but it's a definate possibility!

Dustin Carpio
July 31st, 2006, 09:57 AM
What Cavision handles did you use?

What lens did you use with the M2?

Will you be doing an color grading of the final product?

Sorry for all the questions.

Dan Weber

I used the standard dual hand grips with 15mm and 60mm spacing..they rock!
We will be doing a small amount of color correctiona and touch ups...but for the most part we got the look we wanted.

Dustin Carpio
July 31st, 2006, 09:58 AM
Hi,

By the way, I've been thinking about the Cavision for M2. But I hear that it isn't as sturdy and the RedRock rod system. Did you have any problem aligning the M2 adapter?

Which matte box worked for you? Hope to learn from you.

Thanks,
Raymond

I did not use the Cavision support rods..only their hand grips. I would stick with teh RedRock rails or the Zacuato Rail and baseplate...both are rock solid as far as support and are guaranteed to line up with the adapter.

Sukhpal Singh
July 31st, 2006, 08:16 PM
I would be really excited to hear what you came up with...I've not yet decided if I'm going to want music...but it's a definate possibility!

Here's the link:

www.homerealtor.us/Murder.mpg

This music is something that I just did for a quick feel - it can be better.

PS: After I added music to the file, I rendered it as a compressed mpeg file, so the video quality has been compromised a lot. If someone wants to take a look at the video quality, please download the files which Dustin provided in the link...

Bye