View Full Version : Any good lav recommend?

Joe Bowey
August 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I have the jvchd100ua camera and is looking for a excellent and rugged lav mic.

Guy Bruner
August 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
The Giant Squid Audio Lab lavaliers are pretty good and inexpensive. I have an omni lav that I use with my iRiver player/recorder and I can recommend it.

Eric Leonard
August 8th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Will it be seen on camera? Are you looking to hide it in clothing/costume?

My favorite's the Sanken COS-11. The Sonys are fine, Countryman B6s are terrific. So are the EMWs.

EL

Jerry Porter
August 9th, 2006, 06:39 AM
I love my Seni G2 wireless setup. I have the HD100 also and it works very well with it.

Steven Davis
August 9th, 2006, 06:44 AM
I love my Seni G2 wireless setup.. That's what I use, it works very well.

Bill Pryor
August 9th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Countryman and Tram lavs are excellent. We use Countryman lavs with Lectrosonics wireless systems. I've heard good things about that Sennheiser G2 wireless system, but it doesn't use the standard mic connector, so you couldn't go with a better quality lav if you wanted to.

Jerry Porter
August 9th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Countryman and Tram lavs are excellent. We use Countryman lavs with Lectrosonics wireless systems. I've heard good things about that Sennheiser G2 wireless system, but it doesn't use the standard mic connector, so you couldn't go with a better quality lav if you wanted to.

I think you can if you get an adaptor. Shure makes one that I'm going to try (seeing how I already own the adaptor and several differnt mics) I'll let you know how it works.

Barry Gribble
August 14th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I'm looking at picking up some lavs also...

I am using them for drama, so low-profile is important to me. I also need to be able to use at least three in tandem, though I will start with two.

I would love to stay in the $500 range for each mic/transmitter pair, if I can find reasonable quality for that.

Any specific suggestions based on that?

Also, do people using mic pre-amps with lav mics? I like to use them for audio recording.

Thanks in advance.

Loren Miller
August 16th, 2006, 12:39 AM
That brings up an interesting concept somebody should build upon-- what about lav mike connecting wires which come in various colors to better hide against subject's clothing? That would be terrific for run and gun where you just don't have time to hide the wire.

Anything out there?

- Loren