View Full Version : *The Leash* Promo shot with HVX200+Redrock Micro

Vahe Papazyan
August 21st, 2006, 12:39 PM
Hey guys check out the promo for this new device called the leash. It was shot over the weekend of August 12,13 with my Hvx200 and redrock micro adapter and set of nikons.

Check it out.

http://leashtv.com/

I would love to hear any insights, comments or criticism you guys might have.

Lonnie Bell
August 21st, 2006, 02:12 PM
very well done... i think you achieved what you were going for - so big kuddos!!

question for you - the leash coming in at the beginning and end, it seems to float in and then rotate around in a 360... it's a composite, but how did you acquire the footage - many, many frames of stop motion photography or did you shoot it suspended in front of greenscreen?? and then which software did you use shake, Motion2, AE... i've seen this done many times, but have never done "product" work before... it's very well done!

would you mind sharing your techs and tricks...

either way - nice job!
Lonnie

Chuck Nolde
August 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM
wow. I was assuming that after adding the M2 adapter that this kind of rig would need to be shot on a tripod - how easy/hard was it for you guys to do the handheld shots with the M2 rig? Also, did you guys use a matte box?

Cees Mutsaers
August 22nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
The composition i really liked but am a little dissapointed with the amount of noise!

Vahe Papazyan
August 22nd, 2006, 06:15 PM
the video that is up is actually what our dp, Mark, went off of. It is our talented directors, Xandy Smith's, vision in action. Thanks to Adam for bringing it all together.

We actually shot various scenes using the Fig Rig. It was a workout for mark but he pulled it off, it was amazingly stable when the camera's weight was properly distriputed. We also used the baseplate of the M2 rod support system as a shoulder support and gripped the camera by its rods and shot that way. We also had a Birns and Sawyer shoulder support system that came in handy.

The hardest part was focusing when shooting handheld.

Greg Almond
August 27th, 2006, 05:23 AM
I am really impressed by the Redrock micro adapter, it really gives the HVX the Depth of Field it lacks with the standard lense.

The footage looks very good, i am very impressed on how much this little cam can do with the right use.