View Full Version : shooting 720Pn

Craig Chartier
August 22nd, 2006, 12:20 PM
Ok guys I need to know if there are any work flow problems with this setting> have been asked to shoot this format, need to know if there are any posting problems when working in FCP,, Audio? frame dropping or stuttering? anything would help ease my mind. Have also heard that this format allows for longer record time due to 24 frames taking up less memory?? Thanks guys.

Mike Schrengohst
August 22nd, 2006, 04:24 PM
Ok guys I need to know if there are any work flow problems with this setting> have been asked to shoot this format, need to know if there are any posting problems when working in FCP,, Audio? frame dropping or stuttering? anything would help ease my mind. Have also heard that this format allows for longer record time due to 24 frames taking up less memory?? Thanks guys.

720 24p is great. On the HVX you can record 10 min at 24pN. Editing is easy on FCP. I use a G-raid 800 firewire external with no dropped frames.

August 22nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
720/24pN is all I shoot. It was one of the factors/formats that attracted me to the camera and it's worked 100% for me from shooting to editing in FCP to distributing to the web.

You are right about the record times as well. See this chart for reference -
http://www.thisis24p.com/panasonic.html

Best of luck Craig.

Scott Auerbach
August 23rd, 2006, 09:08 AM
You are right about the record times as well. See this chart for reference -
http://www.thisis24p.com/panasonic.html

Please note, too, according to the above-referenced chart, that "In the Native mode, HVX-200 record only active flames."

Keep some candles nearby! ;-)

David Saraceno
August 23rd, 2006, 09:35 AM
We take most of our footage to SD DVD.

720/24pn produces absolutely gorgeous footage.

Shane Ross
August 23rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
We shot 720p24 24pn and mixed it with Varicam footage also shot 23.98. We will be going to to HDCAM at 1080p. No problems whatsoever with this format. IMHO, it is the best format this camera shoots at, and a breeze to work with in FCP.