View Full Version : HVX-200 remote control

Mark Donnell
August 26th, 2006, 10:23 AM
A remote control (wireless ?) is supplied with the HVX-200. Can it be used to play back P2 files using the camera for playback ? In other words, if I record a three-minute presentation in DVCPRO HD onto a P2 card, can I connect the camera to a HD TV and use the remote to play back the presentation while I sit across the table from the client ?

Sam Jankis
August 26th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I don't see why this wouldn't work. Might also be an easy way to showcase short films in HD (w/o a computer), since BlueRay and HDVD is pretty expensive right now.

Robert Lane
August 27th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Mark,

The remote gives you near-full control over the HVX both in CAM and VCR mode. Read the HVX owners manual for full details - there's a sticky on the top of the forum from Jan where you can download your own copy.

About the only thing the remote can't do is adjust CAM settings during shooting such as aperture (iris) and focus. You can even access OPERATION modes such as FORMAT, DELETE etc from the remote.

In short, it will do exactly what you want, and more.

Mark Donnell
August 27th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks, Robert. That's the last thing I needed to know before buying the HVX-200 !

Stephen Pruitt
August 27th, 2006, 08:43 PM
You can, indeed, run the HVX as a "VCR" with the remote. That's the only way I've used mine so far. . . and it worked great except for the mysterious P2 missing shot problem I note in another post.