View Full Version : AG-HVX200E vs AG-HVX202EN

Frank Hool
September 4th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Guys, i'm just not sure what for stans 2, E and N in Panasonics naming convention.
E is probably PAL version?
2 is bidirectional firewire? is it?
N ???

Rafael Lopes
September 4th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Doesn't the "regular" HVX already have bidirectional firewire?

saludos ;-)

Frank Hool
September 4th, 2006, 08:01 AM
i have strong suspicion that as other camera manufacturers have panasonic as well two versions of product for EU market because of EU's stupid duty policy for recording devices.
EU charges 15% duty from manufacturer who produces electronic devices that have ability to record(copy) multimedia intellectual property.
This is so called preventive anti piracy strike.

Rafael Lopes
September 4th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Most companies do that and put the "E" in their european versions.

Frank Hool
September 4th, 2006, 03:39 PM
"E" usually means that product is for EU market no more. Contingent to that is PAL obviously. But reduced and normal version should have another marking.

Barry Green
September 4th, 2006, 04:01 PM
The HVX200E is for Europe, the HVX202EN is for Australia/New Zealand.

They are functionally identical. There is some sort of Australian certification that the 202EN meets that the 200E doesn't, but someone from Australia would have to clarify that. Other than that they are identical.

Frank Hool
September 4th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Thank You, Barry for clarification. The strangest thing is that HVX202EN is in European video stores available.

Barry Green
September 5th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Thank You, Barry for clarification. The strangest thing is that HVX202EN is in European video stores available.
Those would be gray-market imports being offered by non-authorized dealers. You certainly don't want to buy one of those or you won't have any warranty coverage.

Peter Jefferson
September 5th, 2006, 10:09 AM
each model number is pressed at the plant of the country for distribution. ie, you wouldnt find an EN in asia.. )this is to pinpoint the origin of the camera itself.
Much like serial numbers of teh DVX100's where only a certain series of numbers were certified to be genuine Aus releases, hence allowing warranty repairs and the like.. if however teh serial number was "listed" for another country, then tough cookies..

More so to cover Panasonic re- warranty, as here in aus, we have 12months compred to most of the rest of world which has 3 months..

It has nothign to do with the workmanship or function of the camera, save from variable frame rates and Mhz refresh

Frank Hool
September 5th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Those would be gray-market imports being offered by non-authorized dealers.
Ok, i look for authorized dealers list from Pana webpage.

Much like serial numbers of teh DVX100's where only a certain series of numbers were certified to be genuine Aus releases, hence allowing warranty repairs and the like.. if however teh serial number was "listed" for another country, then tough cookies..
I just tought as really simple-minded that such things have worldwide warranty. Like IBM notebooks. Thanks for that information.

Frank Hool
September 6th, 2006, 07:14 AM
This is horrible. I couldn't find the page where Panasonic points out their reliable partners. Can You?

Barry Green
September 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM
You'd have to ask Panasonic Europe about that; on the Panasonic US website they have a simple "find a dealer" search tool that lets you put in the postal zip code of the dealer and then the website tells you what authorized dealers are near that zip code.

I don't know how the Spain or Europe websites deal with that issue.