View Full Version : double-checking on file org issue

Scott Auerbach
September 7th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I know the LASTCLIP file is critical to FCP, as well as the overall CONTENTS folder directory path, but in situations where two clients' material is on the same card, I want to make sure nobody's having problems making two copies of the P2 card, then deleting the appropriate media from each copy, to create two client-independent folders. I see that the thumbnails for the deleted media still show up when I do this (I guess there's a jpeg stored somewhere even though the 200 doesn't generate true proxies?) but it appears that the remaining media will import fine. I never knew whether the LASTCLIP file was tightly linked to the ~entire~ contents of the card, or if it just needed to be there for any mxf files to import correctly.

(I suspect this is in Barry's book... ahem... but I haven't finished it, and I'm on location at the moment.)

Anyone else been doing this?

Scott Auerbach
September 9th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Anyone??? :-)

I know the recommended method has been to keep everything from a card's contents folder together, but the one time I've tried this, it worked. I'm trying to figure out if I just got lucky, or what?