View Full Version : cell phone video distribution

Dan Gonzales
September 18th, 2006, 12:36 PM
What format(s) is the best for playing videos on a cell phone? How would I put a link on a website that cell phone users could click on. Is there a special html format for cell phones to view websites? Thanks, Dan.

Noah Hayes
September 18th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I don't know what your motive is for putting video on phones, but from the little I know about cellphones, is that you're in for a LONG and PAINFUL process...mainly because you have manufactures which will hinder intercompatibility, and service providers, which may or may not support the ability to download videos that don't come directly from their service...

I'd probably contact verizon, cingular, and sprint and see if they would be willing to offer your videos through their services...but I doubt they will

GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know what you find out!

James Connors
September 21st, 2006, 07:31 AM
Cellphones/portable devices (PDAs) etc seem to be going for mp4 compatability, but getting the videos to the handset "over the air" is going to differ per provider, country, handset etc... You could offer the video to download, and give links to various general guides on how to copy the video to the handset locally (from the pc).. unless you're trying to start a pay service like Jamster!/Jamba! etc?