View Full Version : DVD Studio chapter question

Kevin Munn
October 3rd, 2006, 12:00 PM
In DVD Studio, is there a way to set the video to return to the menu at the end of each chapter? I'd like to have the video be able to either play all the way through via a "play" button on the main menu or just play the selected chapter via the chapter menu.

Cale Rogers
October 3rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
Hello,

Yes. One way is to use stories. Create a story for each chapter you want to play and then drag the chapter into the story bin. The stories can be programmed to work any way you want it to. Building stories are not quite as simple as that the first time around, but the concept is simple. So, you may have to read about the process in the help files or watch an online tutorial. Stories work great and they save space too.

Good luck with your project.

Kevin Munn
October 3rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
thank you, that helps. I'm looking for online tutorials now, but if you can recommend any that would be great.

Nate Schmidt
October 3rd, 2006, 01:34 PM
Lynda.com
25$ and you get full access to their online movie library for a month and you can re-new or cancel after one month. There are some great DVD SP tutorials there, you learn all about the interface and menus and everything.

Greg Boston
October 3rd, 2006, 01:39 PM
thank you, that helps. I'm looking for online tutorials now, but if you can recommend any that would be great.

It's not that hard to do, Kevin. I found out, like you that I couldn't get the DVD to jump back to a menu point. So I learned about Stories. The manual is pretty helpful on this. I would suggest that route before spending your money elsewhere.

-gb-

Kevin Munn
October 3rd, 2006, 02:34 PM
Figured it out through the manual, thanks. You're right, it wasn't that hard. Thanks for the help.