View Full Version : Get a FREE 8 GIG P2 Card from Panasonic (Oct-Dec Customer)

Jason Strongfield
October 31st, 2006, 12:10 AM
Purchase a new AG-HVX200 between October 1st and December 31st, and receive an 8gb P2 card FREE by mail from Panasonic.

To take advantage of this offer, customers need only to visit the following web site:http://www.acbrebate.com/panasonicrebate/

This online site will be live starting November 1, 2006. Customers need only enter their purchase information and serial number, and Panasonic will ship the AJ-P2C008HG directly to them. Any questions can be directed to 866-339-4296.

Jason Strongfield
October 31st, 2006, 11:48 AM
Folks, It WILL BE live tomorrow. It just make sense, With new JVC, Sony and Canon trying to flood the Xmas buying frenzy, Panasonic has to do something.

It would been a great deal if they offer just a free 4 GIG card, but to give out a free 8 gig card is just very generous of them

Although i prefer if they give out 2x 4 gig cards, instead, this is purely a business move, it is to encourage you guys to buy the upcoming 16 gig P2 card to be able to complete the "shoot-swap-download cycle" with 2 cards.

Tim Spencer
October 31st, 2006, 01:00 PM
That's a nice deal...

I'm a little confused. Do they give you two 4gb cards or one 8gb card? Also, how long will it take before Panasonic send you the card?(after all required documentation have been mailed)

What's the estimated street price of the 16gb card once it comes out?

Thanks! :)

Martin Iverson
November 2nd, 2006, 12:34 AM
I just purchased mine today. I've been researching, mostly through this forum, since they first announced the camera and I finally took the plung. Thanks to everyone for all that you've contributed.

The Panasonic website still doesn't have it, but I've heard from a couple of dealers as well that it well happen. One note to anyone following along - I was told to get the free card it has to be a US model, purchased from a Panasonic Dealer. If it's the average ebay re-seller your out of luck.

A message to Barry Green; sure, the free 8gb card is nice, but I'm really excited to get your book.

Jason Strongfield
November 3rd, 2006, 09:17 PM
pretty funny, they had the picture up now but they forgot to give out the link !! lol

is this the Panasonic BIG tease ??

Martin Iverson
November 3rd, 2006, 11:29 PM
I noticed that too. Maybe they're going to take as long to come out with the rebate as the did to come out with the camera.

There was a post on a different forum that stated, "Was at HD Expo today, confirmed with a reseller that this an official deal. They confirmed this info with their panasonic rep on the show floor."

I'm remaining calm. I'm remaining calm. I'm remaining calm...

Martin Iverson
November 4th, 2006, 03:45 PM
It's finally on the Panasonic web site.

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=O&storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=93120&catGroupId=14571&modelNo=AG-HVX200&surfModel=AG-HVX200

Then click on "special offers"

Gene Crucean
November 5th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I wonder if this is a push to get the remaining 200's out for an upgrade to an A version.

... Just speculating

George Z. Rudaj
November 6th, 2006, 11:39 AM
"Purchase the Panasonic AG-HVX200 and receive a FREE 8GB P2 card.

Purchase a new Panasonic AG-HVX200 DVCPRO HD camera from an Authorized Panasonic Dealer by December 31, 2006 and receive one (1) free AJ-P2C008HG 8GB P2 card.

Check back soon for full Terms and Conditions."

This is from the website, when do you think soon is?

Martin Iverson
November 6th, 2006, 09:28 PM
It may take a little while. But, if it does, out of respect we shouldn't complain. Jan Crittenden who is the Product Manager of Panasonic US has been spending all of her time with a sick spouse in the hospital for the last month and a half.

It will happen, but we need to be patient.

I just received my brand new AG HVX200 today. I really want to get that card coming my way, but there are some things that are more important.

Jeff Kilgroe
November 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I don't think this is indicative of an upcoming revision to the HVX200. More than likely, Panasonic is at a point where they can drop the price on the HVX200. Rather than just dropping the price, they're using the situation to push the 8GB P2 cards to help move inventory and clear the way for the 16GB cards. ...Just a thought.

Now makes me wonder, when this special is over, will Panasonic drop the price on the HVX200? Or will they start bundling it with an 8GB (or even 2 4GB) cards as standard?

...Or they may not do anything. :-/

Michael Mills
November 7th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I called the Panasonic rebate number. They said they were behind on getting the rebate up and would have the link live by the end of the week.

My rep here in NYC said the 16GB cards are releasing VERY soon.

Michael

Barry Green
November 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Rebate site is now active!

http://www.acbrebate.com/panasonicrebate/request_HVX200.aspx

Paulo Teixeira
November 8th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I think part of the reason Panasonic is doing this is to make sure they stay competitive with the new camcorders such as the V1u and the XH-G1.

That is a lot of cash you’re saving.

Mark Donnell
November 9th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Unfortunately, the 8 GB P2 card offer is not as originally described, good for purchases made beginning 10-1-06, but is actually only good only for those customers who purchase beginning 11-1-06.

Allan Barnwell
November 9th, 2006, 05:36 PM
We have a generous stock of new HVX200's right now and are running a special.

If you are in the market for a camera - please check us out. We are going to clear these cameras out for inventory/tax purposes before the end of the year.

Thanks,

Allan Barnwell
Omega Broadcast Group
www.omegaaustin.com

Barry Green
November 9th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately, the 8 GB P2 card offer is not as originally described, good for purchases made beginning 10-1-06, but is actually only good only for those customers who purchase beginning 11-1-06.
Not true, it's good from 10/1. They just updated the website to read properly recently.

Allan Barnwell
November 9th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I didn't notice anyone mentioning Panasonic's 2.99% finance option promotion that coincides with the free 8GB card rebate promotion.

Just wanted to make sure people were aware of it. Good through December.

If anyone wants the pdfs of these promotions, feel free to contact us or visit our website.

Allan Barnwell
Omega Broadcast Group
www.omegaaustin.com

Mark Donnell
November 10th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Barry - you are right, the website now says purchases beginning 10-1-06. Thanks, when I checked it a few days ago the 11-1-06 date was posted. With the 10-1-06 date, I'm lucky enough to qualify after all ! Also, for other members considering a purchase, I had the opportunity to visit the dealer above, Omega Austin, a couple of weeks ago. They are a first-class operation with a very helpful staff. They have also sponsored some of the 2-day training sessions on the HVX-200. Just for info ...

Jan Crittenden Livingston
November 11th, 2006, 07:16 AM
I wonder if this is a push to get the remaining 200's out for an upgrade to an A version.

... Just speculating

No it is not.

Just stating the facts. It is an anniversary special celebrating the 1st year of the HVX being in production.

Best,

Jan

Faisal Lutchmedial
November 20th, 2006, 06:21 PM
A message directed toward Panasonic mainly: I was wondering the offer was going to take within the 4-6 week period Panasonic mentioned, or if it was going to take a lot longer (I registered for the HVX book Oct 4 and have been waiting patiently to read it). I just want to prepare myself for having it for a December shoot or not. I am thinking not - but have hope. Also, are the two items going to come together now, meaning the book will be delayed for the P2 card issues to be sorted out? Regardless of the timeframe I am so happy Panasonic decided to make the offer retroactive, and be so generous; it is so rare for a tech company impress me with customer service.

Mark Donnell
December 8th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Wondering if any new HVX owners have received their free 8 GB P2 card yet. I have submitted the application but haven't heard anything yet.

Martin Iverson
December 8th, 2006, 10:52 AM
That's a good question. I was told to wait 4-6 weeks and I'm two whole days past 4 weeks as of today. I haven't taken to sleeping under the mailbox yet, but I'm getting close.

Andzei Matsukevits
December 9th, 2006, 10:06 AM
so if i would by it off bhphotovideo.com i would get free 8gb p2 card? or its only valid if you buy straightly from panasonic dealer?

Barry Green
December 9th, 2006, 11:40 AM
B&H is an authorized Panasonic dealer, so yes, buying from them would qualify you for the free 8GB card.

Jan Pirouz Poulsen
December 10th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I'm coming to the US in Christmas and consider buying the PAL version of the HVX200. Will I also qualify for the free 8GB card and must it be shipped to a US address or could it be shipped to Europe?

Barry Green
December 10th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I'm coming to the US in Christmas and consider buying the PAL version of the HVX200. Will I also qualify for the free 8GB card and must it be shipped to a US address or could it be shipped to Europe?
Won't qualify. The offer is from Panasonic USA, and Panasonic USA doesn't sell PAL units. Any PAL units sold in this country are, by definition, gray-market imports.

You'd have to buy an authorized US NTSC version to qualify.

Isabel Rocamora
December 10th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Hi, considering the firestore option while i wait for the Cineporter to come out, but have heard it's still unstable media - has anyone had any experiences with it?

www.isabelrocamora.org

Barry Green
December 12th, 2006, 12:13 AM
It certainly seems to be much more stable than when it was first released. They've had something like three firmware updates so far, and another one due shortly. It would seem that the firestore's problems are in the past and that it's a solid reliable product now.

Jason Strongfield
December 20th, 2006, 11:02 AM
The rebate takes 6 weeks from when your request was done processed by them and not by the date when they received your request. Be patience.

Jason Strongfield
December 24th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I heard panasonic is extending the rebate to March 2007

Nick Harris
January 11th, 2007, 03:42 PM
So, I took a second look on my printed invoice, and although it says I made the order for 8/30/06, I actually paid for it and picked up my HVX on 9/11/06 (it also shows this). I got wind of this rebate when i was out of town, but had an email copy of the invoice which I'd recieved after placing the order, which did not indicate that I paid for it on 9/11, since I hadn't paid for it yet. However, the October date indicated I was eligable, so I just used that info.

The problem is, they had originally stated that the offer was good for all purchases in 2006, january-december. So, now that one of you has said it's only going to honor september-december, I get the feeling that I'm getting assed out of my P2 card! I tried reentering info on the panasonic website, but it clearly states that information cannot be changed.

I was also wondering if they contact you to get your purchase info mailed out to them, or if i'm just totally screwed here! Is there any phone number I can call and contact panasonic about this?

Martin Iverson
January 12th, 2007, 02:30 PM
For those who are wondering if they are shipping them out yet, my 8gb P2 card arrived today.

Thanks Jan

Terry Nixon
January 14th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Hi Martin,
how long ago did you purchase your camera before getting the free 8 gig card?
thanks
terry

For those who are wondering if they are shipping them out yet, my 8gb P2 card arrived today.

Thanks Jan

Martin Iverson
January 14th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Purchased on 11/2.

I submitted the online request the early on the first day the link was up on the Panasonic 11/07 (It seemed like an entire month later).

On Dec 11th I received a letter from Panasonic requesting the original copy of the sales receipt.

Received the P2 card on Jan 12th.

I hope that helps calm the anxieties of those that are anticipating the arrival of the promised P2 card. It was a long wait, but worth it.

J.T. Gibson
January 16th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I registered my HVX in early Dec. I have not received a letter as Martin did. Last I checked on the Panasonic web site, my "order" (book and card) were being processed. I looked today on the panny site and can no longer find the tracking link. Perhaps I'm going blind - it is very possible. Has any one else received the requesting letter and is this the procedure?

Thanks. JT

J.T. Gibson
January 16th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Well, I did find the link and it's still in process but I'm still wondering about the letter part.

JT

J.T. Gibson
January 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Well, I'm happy to say that a day later my card and book arrived!!! Now I'm cooking with gas!

Mark Donnell
February 27th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Just a word of caution - I sent in my original invoice as requested by Veronica Burke and got delivery confirmation from the USPO. That was January 3rd. Having heard nothing, I inquired about the status of my P2 card a week ago, and was told that my invoice was never received. I have given them the tracking number confirming the delivery to their offices in Memphis and am waiting to hear back from them. If I were to do it again, I would send in the invoice with return reciept so I had a signature from their end as well.

Nick Harris
March 27th, 2007, 05:38 PM
So I've been waiting patiently for my P2 card and book for quite some time now. My application for the rebate was processed on 1/5/07, and today (3/27/07... over 10 weeks later) I finally signed for a package from Panasonic... but there was no P2 card included, it was just the book.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to read the heck out of this book, and I'm glad to have it, but where the whizbang is my P2 card?!

Any of you who've recieved yours, was the P2 shipped separately?

I've called the phone number listed in the original post here like 50 times in the last 3 weeks, but nobody ever answers (or returns the messages, although I only left one or two). Is there another number where I might be able to get ahold of someone to get a tracking number for the P2 package that may or may not be coming?

Rob Quello
March 29th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Got mine today, Bought the camera in late January, got the book and the card in the same package today.

Nick Harris
March 31st, 2007, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know if there's a back order process going on? The problem is, I can't get in contact with anyone at panasonic, and I'm moving from the place it will be shipping to in just about 4 weeks.

It's not that I'm trying to be impatient, I just want to be able to change the shipping address at least before I move!

Mark Donnell
April 9th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Nick - I too have had a long wait for the P2 card. I sent in my invoice on 1-3-07 and have not yet received the card. I was in touch with Veronica Burke and Jan Crittenden Livingston by E-mail and they implied that there was a shortage of 8 GB P2 cards, thus the problem in filling the rebate requests. Hopefully some time in the next few weeks they will ship them out.

Mark Donnell
April 12th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Nick - the P2 card arrived today ! Keep the faith, yours should arrive sometime soon.