View Full Version : When P2 cards go bad

James Jones
November 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Has anyone had a P2 card error on them? I just tried a new card for the first time and was able to record 720/60p for about 3mins then got a "Card Err1" blinking in red at me. So I reformatted and tried it again....same thing after 3mins! Is there a remedy (low level format equivalent)? Wanted to check here before I started harping Panasonic for a replacement card. Thanks in advance.

James

Brian Sargent
November 15th, 2006, 04:14 PM
You didn't eject the card or power off while it was writing did you?

Vince Curtis
November 15th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Also, make sure your drivers and firmware is updated especially for the 4gig card. .

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/p2indexe.html

James Jones
November 16th, 2006, 07:02 AM
You didn't eject the card or power off while it was writing did you?

No....It happened while I was recording. Just sitting there on the tripod during an interview.

James

James Jones
November 16th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Also, make sure your drivers and firmware is updated especially for the 4gig card. .

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/p2indexe.html

Thanks for the site! I am assuming since there isn't a lot of reference to these P2 cards erring that it was just an anomally. I will hit up Panasonic support to find out more.

James

Robert Lane
November 16th, 2006, 08:39 AM
James,

So the rest of us can keep an eye out for this potential glitch, tell us what size P2 card is failing on you and, what if any info you get back from Panny as to what caused the problem.

James Jones
November 16th, 2006, 10:33 AM
It was the 8GB card...and I will definitely update everyone.

James

James Jones
January 4th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Okay, a little update on the "CARD ERR1" fiascal. I finally found a POC to get my 8GB P2 card fixed after B&H telling me to contact Panasonic and Panasonic telling me to contact B&H (you know the run around). I sent the card out to the Panasonic Broadcast & Television Systems Co. Service Division in California and they returned it saying "One clip on thumbnail display had yellow X indicator. Reformatted P2 card. Ran many REC/PB tests. NO ERRORS." Funny thing is, I was never able to record anything to the card because of the CARD ERR1...so I wonder where the tech saw the yellow X? The best part is, after the card was returned to me as "REPAIRED", it gives me the EXACT same error, at the EXACT same time. I thought hey...it is probably me, but the same thing happens when I use it in different HVXs. Also, I have 23 other 8GB P2 cards that work flawlessly. Any ideas guys?

James

Chris Hurd
January 4th, 2007, 10:57 AM
It's important that you get in touch with your POC at Panasonic Service again and tell them that you're still getting errors with that card. It would help if you can visually document the problem that you're experiencing by including a photo or movie clip that shows how the issues are still present (digicams are excellent for that purpose). There's nothing an internet forum can do for you, except to firmly recommend that you contact Panasonic Service immediately and advise them that the situation has not been resolved to your satisfaction. If I were in your shoes, I would politely but firmly request an exchange for a replacement card. Hope this helps,

James Jones
January 4th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah...that is what I am going to do. Thanks for the reply Chris.

James

Robert Lane
January 4th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Just sent you an email about this.

James Jones
January 18th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Well I just received a replacement 8GB card for the dysfunctional one. So if anyone is having troubles with their P2 cards contact me and I will give you the POC I worked with. Problem resolved.

James

Bryon Akerman
January 19th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I just want to know how you can afford 23 other P2 cards! Got any you want to give away? Besides the Error ones? LOL

James Jones
January 22nd, 2007, 08:10 AM
Well...I know 24 sounds like a lot...but we have 3 HVXs and do quite a few long-form, 3 camera shoots...so 24 is ample, but not gluttonous...lol

James

Michael Rapadas
January 30th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Well...I know 24 sounds like a lot...but we have 3 HVXs and do quite a few long-form, 3 camera shoots...so 24 is ample, but not gluttonous...lol

James

i can only dream...