View Full Version : Handwriting with Beziers?

Sean Seah
November 18th, 2006, 03:29 AM
I read somewhere the handwriting effect can be done in Vegas with the Bezier curves. Can someone tell me the details? Do I do a text first and next use the bezier to reveal the text like the way its written?

I tried figuring it out but just cant get it. Pls help!

Edward Troxel
November 18th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Do I do a text first and next use the bezier to reveal the text like the way its written?

Yes. That's how you would do it.

Sean Seah
November 26th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Hi Edward, I tried it but the bezier needs a close loop. I cant figure out how can I make the words look like its written. Could u advise?

Edward Troxel
November 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Go ahead and close the bezier over a small area. Then, using keyframes, you have to make the mask larger an larger until everything has been revealed.

Jesse Redman
November 27th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Here is a link to one of my videos produced, in Vegas, using the method as Ed describes:

http://www.advancedmedialab.com/poc/Signature.html

It's not great, but it shows what can be done.

If it doesn't start right away, press the reload button.

Jason Robinson
November 28th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Here is a link to one of my videos produced, in Vegas, using the method as Ed describes:

http://www.advancedmedialab.com/poc/Signature.html

It's not great, but it shows what can be done.

If it doesn't start right away, press the reload button.

That does look like exactly what the posted requested.... and I admit to being interested in that effect as well.

jason

Sean Seah
November 29th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Wow, nice job Jesse. It can be done! It does sound a little tedious though. I'll give it a try. Thanks Edward (as always..)

Steven Davis
November 29th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I'd love to see a vegas script for this.

Jesse Redman
November 30th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Sean,

It is not as tedious as you might think. The first time takes longer for obvious reasons. The one you see in the link in my other post only took about an hour.

As a suggestion, you want to put in several points in your bezier mask. probably more than you think you need. The first letter is a special case but after it, you want to wind up with half of them below and before your image and the other half above, moving them to the front to reveal the image.

Sean Seah
December 3rd, 2006, 08:25 AM
ok, I'll try it out. Thanks!