View Full Version : no audio captured in Pre 6 Mac

Gondwana
January 28th, 2002, 03:23 AM
Hi

Mac G4 - VX-2000 - Pre 6

Everything has been working fine since I bought Pre 6 2 weeks ago. Now, the audio is not captured together with the video. I can hear it when I play the footage while capturing but the clip recorded does not have an audio part. I checked all the settings and everything seems fine. Where should I look???

Ed Smith
January 28th, 2002, 01:31 PM
With no experience of Mac G4 I'm not to sure if this would work.

With my PC we have an overall audio controller in windows (volume controller), make sure that the line in and all the other recording setting are selected which can be and make sure that the main volume controll is also up.

Whether it is the same on your Mac or not I don't know, but they are the main controler which determin sound input into any program.

Another thing which it could be is that the audio is not selected on the capture window in premiere (next to the video icon, bottom left hand corner) make sure that there is no red line through this icon, if there is just click it and it should solve the problem.

Hope this helps,

Ed Smith

Gondwana
January 28th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Thanks for your posting Ed. With all the info I gathered, I could finally get it work again.

It seems that the trick is to create a brand new project after checking that the Mac audio in are correct as well as the project audio capture settings, then import a clip, then close that new project, then go back to the current project and continue capturing...

OK I am new to Premiere, but I found that there are some bugs that are unacceptable for version 6!

Gondwana
January 30th, 2002, 01:34 AM
I found a lot of posting regarding audio capture problems with Pre 6.0.1.

Here is my report.

System
Pre 6.0.1 - Mac OS 9.1 - Blue G4
Sony VX 2000 - DV firewire

Problem:
Premiere is not capturing audio (together with video) in an existing project

Work around
When the problem happens in an existing project into which I want to continue capturing video/audio from my DV camera, I quit Premiere, switch off the camera, go to Sound Control Panel, switch on the camera, select DV - first 2 channels as the sound input, launch Premiere, create a new project, check the project capture settings (normally OK - audio capture set to DV - first 2 channels), capture a video/audio clip (which now also captures the audio), close the temporary project without saving (but the clip is of course saved on the hard disk), open the existing project, drag the clip from the finder or import it into the appropriate folder in Premiere project window and continue capturing in the existing project. This has worked fine at least 10 times now. Only once I had to reboot the Mac.

Comment
You can understand that this is very annoying... Please let me know if there is a another or final solution to the problem.