View Full Version : Dvc7....!

Dylan Couper
November 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
As promised, an update on DVC7!

It is getting about time to run another DV Challenge!
As we are getting into the holidays, life gets busy for people, and many don't have time to do the DV Challenge. However, I like to run it this time of year as a charity event because, well... I just do.

This is a feeler to see who would rather do DVC7 in mid December when we are in the holiday spirit, and who would rather wait until January when there is more free time for all.

Michael Fossenkemper
November 28th, 2006, 01:21 PM
both times suck for me, but mid December sucks less.

Chris Barcellos
November 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Bring it on. Nice to have some holiday cheer during the Holidays...And I want see what you have on your Christmas list this year Dylan...

Richard Zlamany
November 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I would prefer a December Challenge because of the spirit and the chance to get some of the family to play along.

Peter Ferling
November 28th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I would prefer mid December as that would give me an excuse not to do it, as I'm too busy for one, and two, I don't have any working cameras at the moment.

Steven Hoffman
November 28th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Right here right now baby!

Lets Go!

Im gonna say this pre-emtively and assume we are running DVC 7 now, IM IN =)

-Really exited for DVC7-

Lisa Shofner
November 28th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Either date can be done, but Jan is my pick because school ends Dec 16th and i'm currently wrapping up 2 projects for that.

That said, I'm in no matter what date wins.

William Gardner
November 28th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I probably could do it in January. I probably couldn't in December.

Bill

Pete Bauer
November 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I probably could do it in January. I probably couldn't in December.

Bill
HA! As we all know, Bill's a serious threat. December it is!
;-)

Mekhael Trepanier
November 28th, 2006, 08:48 PM
last years spirit theme was a great one i wasnt able to complete my submisson on time but the entries were very good

James Huenergardt
November 28th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Either month is tough for me, but I can probably squeeze one in either month ;-)

Looking forward to it...

Jim

Gabriel Yeager
November 28th, 2006, 11:50 PM
YES!!! I have been waiting for this for far to long! Bring it on Dylan! December is great for me. After my Camera arriving just a little to late for DVC 6, I will be happy to join in on this one. I'm in! All the way!

~Gabriel

Stephen van Vuuren
November 29th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Sound good. After skipping 2-6, I'm back in (well I did DP for 2).

Andrew Hood
November 29th, 2006, 06:24 AM
December. The sooner the better, therapy is costing too much to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms.

Robert Martens
November 29th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I'm going to go with December. I'm available for either month, but I think Christmas makes for an interesting theme, not to mention the charity thing, both of which would make less sense in January.

Andrew Khalil
November 29th, 2006, 11:50 PM
December works better for me too, but like others said, either is fine with me - I just wanna get out there and make a movie!

Jay Silver
November 30th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Neither one is any better or worse for me, although either will be a challenge. I've only barely used the light and microphone (we had a baby boy in September) from DVC6 and I'm really keen to put them through their paces.

-j

Bradley L Marlow
November 30th, 2006, 07:10 PM
It's something like when I quit smoking (recently). There will always be an excuse.

As such, I believe December would be just fine. I NEED MORE STRESS in my life. Help me out.

Best wishes~ (even to you Lorinda)
Bradley

Alex Thames
November 30th, 2006, 08:03 PM
January, as classes are still going on in mid December.

Meryem Ersoz
November 30th, 2006, 08:57 PM
december, please, i need an excuse to figure out my new jib!

plus, i'm in the brad marlow camp. i need more stress to help me manage my stress....

David Cummings
November 30th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I'm leaning towards december. this will be my first entry so I'm pretty excited. It's just in time for the holidays..

peace love and gap

John Hewat
December 1st, 2006, 07:29 PM
My vote's for December.

Bradley L Marlow
December 2nd, 2006, 02:31 AM
Well, I'm afraid I must retract my comments above. Just spoke with a few folks who want to be in the next film and they are all swamped until January. Hope I haven't fouled anything up here.

Aside from that, may I simply say: Mereym- you look lovely this evening!

Best wishes~
Bradley

Meryem Ersoz
December 2nd, 2006, 05:30 AM
thank you, bradley, sweetest man on the internet--

but i have to ask, mr. man of many disguises and manifold talents--when did not having anyone else to put in your video ever stop you before??

Lorinda Norton
December 2nd, 2006, 06:23 PM
Well, whaddya think, D? December? :)

p.s. Congratulations on that little one, Jay!

Bradley L Marlow
December 3rd, 2006, 12:22 PM
I would like to have some crew this time. Hopefully.

Best wishes~
Bradley

Dylan Couper
December 4th, 2006, 01:15 AM
December it is!
As like last year's Holiday version, entry will be free but with a big guilt trip by yours truly to donate to the charity pool, which will go to the charity of the winner's choice. I think we raised over $500 last year?

I'm thinking it will end Sunday the 17th, and will start... oh, very very soon... Heh, hah HAHAHAHAAA!

Since time is always tight before Christmas, I'm toying with a few ideas on how to.... wait, I've said too much.

Michael Fossenkemper
December 4th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Holy Bat Turds, That's like next week.

Gabriel Yeager
December 4th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Holy Bat Turds, That's like next week.

haha! yes it is! I can't wait to get out there and start filming! now, if only I could get some people to act..... :(

~Gabriel

Michael Fossenkemper
December 4th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Does that mean we're starting this weekend? Theme will be announced thurs or friday?

Ben Lynn
December 4th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Hold the phone! Next week! Any way of sliding this to end of Dec? That would allow people to work with family members (i.e. available cast) over the week following Christmas.

I'll throw something together regardless but it would really work better at the end of the month.

Ben

Lorinda Norton
December 5th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Everyone I know gets pretty lethargic between Christmas and New Year's Eve. I'd never get 'em off the couch.

I like this plan: (Love it, too, when Dylan toys with ideas... :)

December it is!
As like last year's Holiday version, entry will be free but with a big guilt trip by yours truly to donate to the charity pool, which will go to the charity of the winner's choice. I think we raised over $500 last year?

I'm thinking it will end Sunday the 17th, and will start... oh, very very soon... Heh, hah HAHAHAHAAA!

Since time is always tight before Christmas, I'm toying with a few ideas on how to.... wait, I've said too much.