View Full Version : CitiDISK HD Update - New Firmware, Long Recording Fixed!

Richard Kurtzer
December 1st, 2006, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone,

Quick update on the CitiDISK HD. We're going to release a new firmware revision in the next couple of days to resolve some lingering issues. Most noteably, this release is part of the fix for long-form recording on the 120gb models. Please send me a PM or email if you want to be on my distribution list so you get the firmware once its released. I will post full release notes once I have them.

For all current CDHD-120 Owners: We have fixed the long-form record issues on the CDHD-120 starting a couple weeks ago with a combination of a firmware fix and a faster hard drive. Shining Technology is replacing all the older CDHD-120 hard drives with the new faster ones FOR FREE. Please contact Chris at Shining Technology to arrange your free replacement hard drive and firmware upgrade. His contact email is cwang@shining.com.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Richard Kurtzer
ProCon Digital Systems
rkurtzer@vcom-mm.net

Denis Danatzko
December 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Rich,
You may not remember me, but we met a few weeks ago at 4videoequipment.
That's good news to hear a manufacturer is being loyal to its' customers, especially so for those who feel they "took a chance" on the CitiDisk after what seemed to be prior firmware problems. Good for them.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the firmware release that will allow the CitiDisk to recognize MXF file format. Please keep us posted on that one.

Regards,
Denis