View Full Version : DVC7 - Wall of shame...

Fredrik-Larsson
December 17th, 2006, 04:30 AM
I won't be able to make my entry. Being sick, busy and lazy all had a thing to do with it. Good luck to all of you and looking forward to see your contributions.. :)

Lorinda Norton
December 17th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Doggone it, Fredrik--I was looking forward to your movie!

Pete Bauer
December 17th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Get well quickly, and don't give up quite yet. Dylan DID say the deadline would be somewhat more flexible this time...which of course is open to interpretation but I'm hoping means at least a few days!
;-)

Mike Horrigan
December 17th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Get well quickly, and don't give up quite yet. Dylan DID say the deadline would be somewhat more flexible this time...which of course is open to interpretation but I'm hoping means at least a few days!
;-) He also said the same thing about the time limit... ;)

I wouldn't expect a few extra days.... hours maybe. I should be finished exporting mine later today. QT is a pain though... I may have to go with .wmv

Mike

Bruce Foreman
December 17th, 2006, 03:07 PM
He also said the same thing about the time limit... ;)

I wouldn't expect a few extra days.... hours maybe. I should be finished exporting mine later today. QT is a pain though... I may have to go with .wmv

Mike

Maybe I just don't know enough about QT but I had to give up on it for this project. Everything I tried either resulted in a file much too large or due to compression looked like doodoo.

So I submitted in MPEG4, got a 10MB file and QT reads it.

Looking forward to seeing yours, the intros I've seen you do look great.

Fredrik-Larsson
December 17th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Doggone it, Fredrik--I was looking forward to your movie!
he he... always seeking a good laugh, right? ;)

Lorinda Norton
December 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM
LOL! You know me well...I still smile when I think about your last one. :)

Bradley L Marlow
December 17th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I won't be able to make my entry. Being sick, busy and lazy all had a thing to do with it. Good luck to all of you and looking forward to see your contributions.. :)

Fredrik?!?- Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bummer. Was really hoping to see your work again.

Best wishes and I hope you feel better very soon.

Bradley

Mike Horrigan
December 17th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Looking forward to seeing yours, the intros I've seen you do look great.

Thanks Bruce, the intro for my DV7 Challenge entry is nothing fancy, but I hope you like it. I like the look and sound of it though...

Thanks again,

Can't wait to see what you guys/gals come up with.

Mike

Steven Hoffman
December 18th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Sadly I was unable to get it done.

Hopefully I can finish it at a later date, but until next time, I'm Walled.

-Steve

Philip Gioja
December 18th, 2006, 09:48 AM
I didn't make it either - too many Christmas rush orders to finish. Maybe next time.

Edward Slonaker
December 18th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'm on the wall as well. Actually had a PAYING gig to get finished. The other bright side is I'm learning After Effects while working on this thing. Looking forward to seeing the rest of 'em though. Good luck, guys!

Richard Zlamany
December 18th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I too, must hang my portrait on the Wall of Shame.

My video was on the memories of my cat but midway through the project I felt I should not subject you all into watching something so lame.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe there are many cat lovers here who would enjoy a cat short.

Lisa Shofner
December 18th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Well, it was my first time. Won't be my last, though I plan on this being my last Wall of Shame appearance.

My Excuse: Trying to work with 2 untrained animals and one untrained assistant. Got the filming done, but shots didn't turn out at all like planned and not entry material (not something I would want to show). Since I shot it sunday afternoon there was no time left to come up with a new script/shoot/edit in time.

Next time: I WILL get the video done.

Lorinda Norton
December 18th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Ohh....I LOVE cats!!! AND untrained animals and assistants! I'm sorry, you two--would have loved to see them. Post them on another thread later???

Bradley L Marlow
December 18th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Edward - Steven - Richard - Philip - Lisa??? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (can't you hear the echo as the voice falls into the abyss?)

I'm so sorry to see you weren't able to make it. Was really hoping to see your work again. Plus, was hoping to see Lisa's stuff too. Given that I lived in Vegas for 10 years, feel as though it is my second home.

Best wishes to all~

Bradley

Lisa Shofner
December 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry too.

I was really excited for the project. When I looked at the footage last night (as i was capturing), I knew it wasn't going to pull off what I had hoped for with the time I had left (and had 3 people on the way over for something else). I'd still like to finishe the project though, I think i'll try some editing on it tonight and see if I can come up with anything workable. Even thought I missed the contest deadline, maybe i can still post it in the S.Y.W. forum.

Everything flowed so smoothly in my head, then when i was actually trying to capture it...not so smooth. Hehe.

Dylan Couper
December 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Damnit, I'm out too. Was busy moving, and haven't had time to shoot or hook up my editing system. Thats two in a row for me... ghaa...

Bradley L Marlow
December 18th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was really hoping to see your sick and twisted mind at work this holiday season. Bummer times two!

Best wishes~
Bradley

Robert Martens
December 18th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Well, count me out, too. Helping Mike (Fossenkemper, for the record) with his movie only took the first weekend; I had the following week and this past Saturday and Sunday to do something of my own, but no dice. The only ideas that struck me were too elaborate to pull off, and getting home from work after dark every day didn't help, either. I mean really, four-thirty sunset, what's that about?

But enough excuses. I didn't do what I'd set out to do, so hang me up there with the rest of them. Thought I'd get a streak going here, so much for that.

Bradley L Marlow
December 18th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Robert too?!?? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (more echo than this forum allows)

Darn! I thought you and Michael were doing a single film together?!? I am probably totally confused and am sorry to hear your film won't be in this one. Was looking forward to it.

Best wishes~
Bradley

Robert Martens
December 18th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Well, we did, sort of. I acted in his film, but it was his idea, his script, his camera work, his editing, his music, and so on and so forth. I tried to politely decline, but Mike insisted on giving me a co-director credit for some reason.

So since it wasn't actually my film, I felt I should add my name to the Wall of Shame list; I did have enough time to develop an idea of my own, I just couldn't get it done.

Michael Fossenkemper
December 18th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Well Robert and his Dad put in enough work for 4 shorts. Seriously. I'm surprised he can still type. If he hadn't participated (acting, ideas, rigging, and all around help) it wouldn't have happened.

No bone throwing here.

Sean McHenry
December 21st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Looks like lot's of old timers (as far as DVCs go) have fallen into the tar pit this round. Wow. We're going to miss you but please, stick around and let us know what you think of the rest of the ones that made it.

It's about 70% for the fun of it for me. The other 30% is serious learning. Well, maybe 20% learning and 10% hanging with friends. Make that 25% hanging with friends and 5% learning. Given the alcohol consumption in editing, probably ought to make it 70% fun, 29% hanging with friends and 1% looking for filler.

Heck, it's all fun in these, but we all really do learn out limits and what works on these little beasties.

Sean

Lorinda Norton
January 5th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Loved all the new blood this time around but sure missed some old friends. It’s so fun watching your movies and reading your feedback.

So, to the “vets” here who actively participate in all the entertaining conversations, like Dick, Fredrik, Edward, Richard, Jay, Philip, James—you were missed, and I trust we’ll see you next time. Wish you’d have joined in the feedback fun, anyway (though, it’s not too late). Also, to those of you who we haven’t got to know yet, plus a couple of wayward wranglers…we’ll see you next time, too. :)